Mon Soleil

Mon soleil, derived from the french words in the masculine form meaning my sun.

Introduction (zero)

"Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier." 
Mother Theresa.

"Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fibre of a free people."
Franklin D. Roosevelt.

"Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families, and nations."
Paramahansa Yogananda.

"Anyone in your spot would've done the same thing."

"You wouldn't have. You always put others before yourself. You'd never hurt someone, even if they deserved it! God knows you could, but you never do! Even with all the bad, you're still... good! You're still... calm and empathetic and so... so comforting... and warm. You're like... the sun. My sun."

A story in which Emma "Sully" Sullivan joins the BAU. Her doctorate in criminal psychology and skill with negotiation set her apart from others. In joining the BAU, she and their resident Doctor, Spencer Reid, form quite the team; the intelligent-and-clinical doctor and the empathetic-and-emotion-driven agent. Early on, the two realize their feelings for each other aren't strictly platonic and realize keeping their relationship office-safe may be just as tricky as catching their unsubs.

 Early on, the two realize their feelings for each other aren't strictly platonic and realize keeping their relationship office-safe may be just as tricky as catching their unsubs

Note from the author:

As anyone else who has watched Criminal Minds, I've fallen in love with Spencer Reid. I'm a little late on the train, but halfway through watching it, I knew I had to write something, and after watching season 12, I've officially started! 

To get a couple of things you may be interested in out of the way; I'm Canadian, so I may spell some things strangely, this book will have some smut in it, but I'll stick to mainly fluff and some sexual remarks/mentions most of the time, I love comments, I'm down for any input/ideas/criticism you may have (be nice I'm sensitive), and finally, I am an avid fanfic reader myself, and I know we all like our self-insertion, so I'm keeping the physical descriptions pretty few and far between so you can put yourself in Emma's shoes! The only solidified details that I have are she goes by she/her pronouns, has medium-length hair, she's cisgender, LGBTQ+, neurodivergent, and she's shorter than Spence. 

You can add details or change them as you please in your mind! On top of the elements I've listed, my personal vision of her is midsized, bisexual, brown hair, and lighter in complexion with many birthmarks/freckles. Very soft looking all around.

I like to keep my main character pretty vague in appearance with all my writing, occasionally making exceptions, so anyone can relate to them, which is the beauty of writing (especially fan writing), in my opinion! 

As you'll also notice, as I've seen with many other CM fanfics, I work straight from the episodes, and a lot of dialogue is re-used. It's very much like a parody, they all still have their own relationships with Emma and such, but I do use a lot of direct episode material. I have, however, let myself make up a couple of cases of my own, and with studying psychology, criminology, and law, I'd like to say they're some pretty cool cases! 

Formatting-wise, we start at season 8, episode 1 at the start of the book, but after that, it's pretty willy nilly. I skip a lot of episodes, mesh some together, move the timeline around, but it should still be easy to follow. When in doubt, read the author's note (I may have talked about it) or leave a comment.

With that, I hope you enjoy my little piece of escapism, and you can escape with me. 

Em<3