LotR- The Seer

I did not spend much time amongst the living, the dead were far less trouble. As a Seer, I was often plagued by visions of the future, but only when I spent time near the living, the ones with futures, otherwise I was untouched. Unless I sought the sight myself.

I slung my pack onto my shoulder and moved to the door, my talismans and trinkets rattling with each step. I wrenched the heavy wooden door open and looked up at the Wizard, his fist raised to knock. He met my gaze with a look of pity.

"I'm sorry." Was his greeting. I'd seen him coming and I'd prepared. I moved past him and slammed the door shut behind me.

"It could not be helped." I said as I secured my pack to my horse. Like I said, I'd seen him coming, and I'd prepared. I mounted my black mare as Gandalf looked up at me in worry.

"When?" He asked as Shadowfax trotted up behind him. I sighed as my shining cerulean eyes glazed with memory.

"Two days ago. It pulled me from my sleep and left me shaken since. He is awake, and he is watching. He seeks the ring and he will find it if it is not destroyed." I explained as Gandalf mounted his horse. Middle Earth was in grave danger, and it's fate would rest in the hands of mortals.

"Ride to Rivendell, I shall meet you there. Call the Counsel of Elrond, he'll know what to do from there." Gandalf instructed me, and I nodded. I wrapped the reins around my wrists and whipped them hard, as my mare took off at full speed, and Gandalf rode off in the oppisite direction.

The darkness is rising and is waiting to strike.

I rode two days, and two nights, before I reached the city of Rivendell. Elrond was surprised to see me as I dismounted my mare and it huffed, tired from the strain I'd put on it.

"It has been a long time." Elrond greeted me with a look of concern, as he pulled me into an embrace. I hated that, that was the response I'd always recieve. Fear and concern, for I never came baring good news.

"Not long enough old friend." I said as I pulled away. His pale skin was tinted under the light glow of my eyes and I took in his unaging features, like me, he hadn't aged a day since the war, since I'd warned him of the outcome of Isildur being in the battle. I was young and naive then.

"I take it you bring grave news." He said as I took his arm, and we walked back towards his palace. My mare was led away, and my bags removed by elven servants behind us.

"It is the only kind I know. I would not leave my solitude for just anything. I fear the darkness has once again awoken and is coming for us all." I spoke with seriousness as we stopped, and I turned to face him. The halls we were walking were open, pillars of white stone holding up the ceiling and green vines weaving their way around the building.

"You must call a Counsel, the three races must be represented. The ring is being brought to us as we speak." I explained as my eyes glazed again, and I reached my mind out, looking beyond the grounds of Rivendell, stretching further still. They were a days ride out, and the young Hobbit was in terrible shape.

"Prepare a room." I stated as my eyes dimmed back to their normal glow. Elronds brows creased in worry as he gripped my upper arm gently.

"My daughter, Arwen?" He asked in unabashed worry, his eyes bearing into my own. I gave a soft smile and placed a reassuring hand over his.

"She is fine, but she carries with her a halfling. Give me time and I shall see his fate." I comforted him as he breathed a sigh of relief. He led me into the palace and down a hall.

"I will have a room prepared immediately, and healers standing by. A room has been made up for you." Elrond said as we stopped outside the open door of a fresh, brightly lit room, sunlight keeping it naturally light, and the open arch windows letting a soft breeze blow right through.

"Thank you." I said as I spotted my pack on the floor at the end of the large bed.

"Should you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." He offered with a kind smile. I nodded and stepped in the doorway.

"Oh and," Elrond called and I tuned to face him. "It's good to see you." I smiled softly at him as he walked away, leaving me to get settled in my room.

I took a deep breath and moved to sit cross legged on the bed. I closed my eyes and chanted under my breath in the ancient forgotten tongue, the tongue of Seers.

As magic coursed through my veins my eyes snapped open, and I was no longer in my chambers, I was seeing the future. The Hobbit would survive. The ring would indeed be here.

The Counsel convened, Man, Dwarf and Elf were all represented, all races keepers of rings, but none such as this.

The heir of Isildur sat amongst them. They were arguing.

An Elf offered to take the ring a Dwarf joined the party, along with Aragorn, son of Arathorn

The vision blurred and replayed, meaning there was another, equally as likely path to be taken.

They were arguing, then the halfling stood. He was joined by the Heir, the Elven Prince, a Dwarf, and a man.

I sighed as my vision returned and I blinked away the fading light of my eyes. The future was undecided as always, but these two choices could turn the tides. For good, or for bad, I was yet to see.

I tossed in my sleep attempting to rest, plagued by visions of the ring, Sauron, an Orc army as far as the eye could see. I awoke the following day at mid morn, to sound in the courtyard bellow. I rose from my bed and looked out the window at the high sun and knew they had arrived.