two

The castle was like nothing she'd ever seen before. It was better than anything she could have ever imagined. It towered over the first years as they docked. A smile was plastered permanently on Delphine's face as she climbed up onto the docks and helped the two boys out from the boat. She looked around at the first years before her. There seemed to be so many more of them when they were all crowded into one place. Stunned to silence, Delphine simply watched others helping their friends onto the solid ground or Hagrid steadying boats for children to climb out of. The jetty was buzzing with chatter and excitement. She turned around to her two boat companions and found both of them awestruck as they stared up to the castle peeking out behind the mountain of stairs before them.

Stairs. Delphine had forgotten Dora mentioning so many stairs. She felt like collapsing right then and there from even thinking about the sheer effort it was going to take. Pushing that to the back of her mind, Delphine turned away from the two gobsmacked statues and searched the crowd for the trio she left earlier.

"Delphine!" Hannah called, her golden hair popping out from the army of children like a beacon. Delphine's face lit up as Hannah pressed through the crowd to get to her new friend. It didn't take long for Delphine to notice both Hermione and Neville trailing close behind her.

"I knew you guys wouldn't be far. How was the ride? Did you enjoy it?" Delphine asked excitedly. Her heart warmed at the sight of the three once again.

"It was amazing, so interesting to see how magic pulls the boats. I read about it in one of the textbooks we have!" Hermione gushed. The three others smiled contentedly as Hermione went on, ranting about different facts she had learnt and Delphine realised maybe Hermione used her books as a way to connect with others.

"Also I found my toad! Hagrid found it hopping off the train earlier and held onto it. I have no clue how he found out it was fine but I'm so grateful! I thought I had lost him forever!" Neville animatedly explained to Delphine.

Delphine giggled and patted his shoulder before turning to the toad and doting over him. Hermione turned to Hannah and started talking about the castle.

After several moments, Delphine heard someone clear their throat behind her.

"Miss Delphine, I would like to formally introduce myself. Hi I'm Chase Herling. I apologise profusely for my buddy over there, he has absolutely no common courtesy so I doubt he was acting sensibly at all on the boat." Delphine chuckled at Chase's apology.

"Oh he wasn't too bad. Turns out if you tune them out, it's like they're not even there!" Delphine replied. Chase heartily laughed at Delphine's remark before she turned around to Grant and dragged him and Ernie out of their still frozen demeanors.

"Oi Ant! Ow-" Chase rubbed her arm from where Grant had just elbowed her for his nickname, "How come your boat had cool people on it? Mine were all nervous and quiet!"

"Maybe that's because my aura draws people towards me. What can I say I'm a people person," Grant smugly stated. This earned him a glare from Chase and a look of suspicion from Delphine. "What? My mum says I'm quite charming!"

Ernie, Delphine, Grant and Chase all laughed loudly, causing others to glance in their direction. Delphine spotted the Nott boy looking toward her and she gave him a tight smile, which he did not return. Rolling her eyes, she turned her head back to the group before remembering the three friends behind her. She turned around immediately and pulled onto Neville and Hermione's hands, sending them and Hannah lurching forward.

"Now it's time you meet my friends. Say hello to Hannah, Neville and Hermione. The best bunch Hogwarts has ever admitted."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.