Chapter 1- A horrible first impression

Michaels POV:

Rain. It's a rainy day, I've learned to love rainy days.

Slowly but surely I dismount my seat on the school bus and prepare for a long-drawn-out day in this living hell, we call school.

Students scream and laugh as they run through the aisle of the bus, they seem rather happy to be held prisoner in school for eight hours a day.

My head hangs low as I enter the school, in hopes of not making eye contact with anyone I walk by. Eye contact intimidates me, it's so scary. It's easier this way, to avoid confrontation and conversation. I prefer keeping to myself and minding my own business. Although, my curiosity oftentimes gets the best of me.

I reach into my pocket and pull out a sheet of paper that is now crumpled. It's my schedule. I glance at the schedule that I've received for my classes. Unfortunately, I submitted my preferences entirely too late so they randomize my electives. That's just great.

"Seriously? First aid?" I mumble to myself as I continue to walk through the hallways.

Suddenly, a tall and lean guy bumps my shoulder, it seemed as if it were on purpose. He laughs hysterically. I can recognize that Hyena laugh from anywhere, I looked up for a quick moment to see Gaten Martini.

Here we go again..

He has been bullying me since freshman year, he's honestly an asshole but everyone is too scared to tell him off. I wouldn't dare confront him.

"Freak," he says as he walks away with his friends laughing.

His 'friends' laugh at everything he says. Not because they genuinely find him funny, but because they are scared of him. I've noticed this over the past few years. This "Jock", "Geek," thing seems as if it only applies in the movies. Yet, this is my everyday life. Teenagers are just mean.

I brush the insults off my shoulder and pretend that It doesn't bother me. Although, I struggle to hide the fact that it actually does. My self-esteem is constantly being tested and decreased. Why can't people just leave me alone?

I sigh heavily as I make it to my first period, which is math. Although I may not like or agree with the education system, I still want to be successful. I consider myself a very good student grade-wise and I enjoy learning. Honestly, it's the social setting that bothers me.

As I enter the classroom, I immediately fidget with my thumbs and bite my lip out of nervousness. My anxiety is sky-rocketing.

"Welcome, you guys may sit wherever you'd like." my teacher states warmly to the incoming students.

Most of the seats are taken, besides a few in the back. Although I prefer to be close and personal with the whiteboard, I guess a seat in the back will do.

I analyze the room, many students begin to pile in, some of who've I've never seen before. I tread lightly to the back of the classroom and take a seat next to a girl who I've known since middle school. Laura.

My chest instantly tightens. She's absolutely beautiful, Laura puckers her lips as she adjusts her makeup in her hand-held mirror. She also laughs with her friends about who knows what, but I'm more focused on her appearance.

Laura has long black box braids, dark-complexioned skin, full thick lips, and a very curvy body that any man would worship. I examine every inch of her, not noticing that I'm visibly staring directly at her.

Many tell me that I'm very inquisitive, but I just admire what I like.

Although, she's dressing visibly differently than she has in previous years. Everything she wears is revealing and short, not saying I mind. But I wonder what has changed.