Chapter 1

"Marie! You said you'd have that food ready a half hour ago! Do I need to give you a reason to hurry the hell up?" Jack growled from the living room, where he was watching football.

"No," I yelled back quickly, "no! That's okay, I'll be done in a few minutes!"

What he meant was, 'Do you want me to slap you across the face a few times, or will you have the food ready?'

You may be asking yourself why I even considered dating this guy. He was a nice guy, before my parents died, and I decided to move in with him. Ever since then, he's treated me like a slave. And I'm sick of it. 'Why don't you leave him?' you say. 'If he's so miserable, move out!' you say.

I would, but I would be thrown out on the streets, no money, no house, nothing. Well, first, he would beat me into oblivion, then he would throw me out. He's often threatened the very same thing.

Also, he's not ugly. At all. Which was probably the biggest factor in my dating him.

You might say I'm in a bit of a predicament.

I hurriedly finished the pizza and set it down on the kitchen table.

"Thank you." Jack rolled his eyes without looking up from his precious TV.

(Niall's POV):

"Mum, why does he have to come with me?" my brother, Greg, whined.

"He never gets out of the house, and let's face it, you two aren't very close. I think a brothers' relationship is very important. So go! Go on, you'll be late!" my mum shoved us both out the door.

She acted like I was still ten and needed watching over. I was eighteen, for God's sake!

"Love you, pumpkin, see you in a couple days, okay?" she kissed me on the cheek.

She was going on a business trip with my father and wasn't going to be back for a few days.

"Bye, Mum!" I called to her as Greg and I slipped through the door.

We got in the car and right when I shut the door, he quickly said, "Okay. When we get there, you don't say anything. Someone asks you a question, you say it respectfully and then shut your mouth. Don't try to stop anything that goes on there and don't comment about it. It'll only get you into trouble. Got it?"

"Jeez, what kind of place are we going to?"

"It's not a joke. I'm serious. I'm saying this to protect you." he said , peeling his eyes away from the road to look at me, emphasizing his seriousness.

"Ok, I got it!"

God, who does he hang out with, criminals?

Greg pulled into the driveway of a semi-nice looking house. He got out and I followed suite. He nodded towards the door, so I walked slowly over and rang the doorbell.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hope you like it!(:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*