33. Nightmare

Edited - June 27th, 2016

---

I Bet My Life - Imagine Dragons

Blank Space - Taylor Swift

--

MILEY'S POV

Nick was supposed to leave yesterday but he called Selena to tell her that there was a delay in arrival. I haven't really seen a business meeting that lasts for 6-7 days but as long as Selena was buying it, it didn't matter.

"I'm thinking of leaving after lunch?" Nick asks.

"Whenever you want," I whisper, looking at my feet.

"Is there something wrong, baby?" Nick says, lifting my chin up so that he could look me in the eyes.

I didn't want Nick to go. All these days have been pretty amazing, it almost felt like he was here all these years. I was ready to forgive him but...

I have to even cook up a story for Niley. She'd met her dad for the first time and I didn't want her to get robbed of having a fatherly figure around.

"Nick... It's nothing."

I start to go away, but Nick pulls me onto his lap.

"What's the matter, Miles?" He peers into my eyes, expecting an answer.

"Nick, I've missed you all these years. And when you finally came around, it was like reliving all those gone times. I don't think going back to Selena might be a good idea."

Nick's face turned up in a frown.

"Miley, I love Selena too," Nick stated, as if it was obvious.

"You can't love us both. You'll only end up breaking one of us' heart," I say with pain, because I didn't want to end up getting my heart broken.

"I know. We'll see what happens. Selena still thinks that we're having a divorce."

"We can think of something?"

"Miley, the thing is... I've already asked Selena's parents for her hand in marriage."

It was as if all the air from my lungs was pulled out and there was a vacuum. I started coughing.

It turned into a fit and I was running to the kitchen to get some water.

Nick followed behind.

After gulping down a glass of water, Nick gestured me to come back to the living room where we were talking earlier.

"Are you okay now?" Nick says rubbing my back.

"Nick, where do you want to be?"

"Honestly, I don't know. I loved the time I spent with Selena. Carefree sex, all the love and the best part was that she was my girlfriend. But Miley, you... You're a ray of sunshine. I loved the times I've spent with you after marriage, how I was committed to one girl for the rest of my life. Seems crazy and well... I broke that too."

I just expect him to say something else. To continue. To say something, anything. But he doesn't.

He just leans in and kisses me gently.

"I'll miss you. Say good bye to Niley from my side, I would lose it if I see her crying, okay?"

So he gives me the role of telling the bad news. I felt offended. I was his fucking wife. What was wrong with him?

He needed a divorce? I bet, he was getting it.

I got up from his lap and moved to my bedroom. I opened my cupboard and looked beneath the clothes.

I found the divorce papers. I took a pen and carried the papers downstairs.

"I will not let you take Niley away, Nick. Never."

"Miley, I need a part of us with me. I need to take her."

"Nick, no! I deserve to be with her."

"I need to mend my ways too."

"Mend them with the children you have with Selena."

"What the hell?"

"You want to marry her but I'm holding you back. Our fucking marriage is holding that back, right?"

"Miley, you're overreacting! Calm down."

"Oh, bloody hell, no. I'm not letting you take Niley. I'll only sign if I get to keep Niley."

"And what will I get?"

--

NICK'S POV

"Miley!" I shout, not giving a fuck to how she'll react. She didn't get to speak to me like that. "Do. Not. Speak. To me like that. Ever."

Miley twitched.

"Disgusting."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Stop cussing. Niley's in the house."

"Miley, just sign the damn papers, take the child in your fucking uterus and I'm taking Miley. You get that?"

"Y-Yes."

"Fucking sign it."

With trembling hands, Miley signed the papers and hands them to me.

I checked all the places where she was supposed to sign and tucked the papers under my arm.

I pressed on either side of her cheeks with my hand and pulled her close.

"Whore," I whisper and get out of the house.

--

"Selena, I'm on my way, baby," I tell Selena as I drove off to my home.

--

Wow. This wasn't expected from Nick!

My brain works in weird ways haha!

Comment down below and don't forget to vote because I know you like the plot twist. Lol ahha.

-singhoff 🌟