32.| ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ [1]

━━━ CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO.
32. this is not the end.
❝ I CAN'T WATCH YOU
DIE. ❞

EVER SINCE HOPE LEFT, Lucas has been inside of the school by Josie's bedside

EVER SINCE HOPE LEFT, Lucas has been inside of the school by Josie's bedside. He brought back inside, waiting for her to wake up. He was so unsure of what he'd tell her when she woke up. He couldn't think straight. He killed her. He fell right into Hope's trap and ran a sword through Josie's heart. And not only did he kill Josie. His kids had now been gone to.

They were nowhere to be found. And that only met that time was once again set in stone. Josie's death was permanent. Whether she drunk blood or not, the kids and she herself, were gone.

Although the thought of living with Josie forever seemed like a dream come true. Lucas was almost certain that she would not choose the life of a vampire. Or the life of a heretic. And that pained him to even think about.

"Lucas—" Alaric comes running into the room. And Lucas could've sworn he heard the man's heartbreak as his eyes fell onto his daughter. "Oh no, Josie." his eyes teared up as he slowly walked over to the bed.

Behind Alaric was Lizzie who was quiet. She had no words. But she angry, that was obvious. You can see the anger she held in her eyes. And it was all pointed at Hope Mikaelson. But her eyes softened once they locked with Lucas' teary ones.

"She should be up in a few minutes..." Lucas says in a low tone. He inhales sharply. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry I promised— I promised she'd be safe. I- I didn't mean to. It just—"

"Hey, hey, hey.." Alaric pulls Lucas into a tight hug. Allowing him to cry. "You tried, okay? That's all that matters. It's okay..." he rubs his back. "It's okay."

Lucas pulls away as he stares at her body, sobbing quietly. But within seconds, Josie gasps awake while holding onto her stomach. Lucas stares at her in pure shock, slightly smiling.

"Lucas?"

A small smile crept onto his face.

"Dad..?" Josie now acknowledges the presence of both her father and sister.

Lucas moves out of the way allowing Josie to spend some time with Lizzie and Alaric. Before leaving the room he looks over. Silently, he walks out of the room.

The school was quiet, meaning that the Beacon Hills kids had fled. He quietly makes his way towards the kitchen where he poured two glasses of bourbon. He downs them both then takes the bottle to the gym.

Once he walked in, he found himself sipping on the bottle as he watched Lucifer and Mazikeen torment Theo who was currently locked in the cage.

"Please, just stop!" Theo cries out in pain. His shirt was all ripped out and there was surprisingly blood oozing from wounds that weren't healed.