Should've II R.W/C.D

y/n Diggory has been dating Ron for a while and everything seems swell until things take a turn for the worse...

Ron and I had been dating for about 6 months now, it seemed as though things were going fine. We had known each other for years, our parents were good friends so we spent a lot of time together growing up but it was only until last year that we started considering the idea that we might feel more for each other than we thought.

The last task of the Triwizard tournament was fast approaching and the atmosphere around the school was really tense. There was this weird sense of rivalry between Ron and me since my brother Ced, was competing and so was his best friend Harry. But when we were alone we didn't think about that at all.

"Why don't we go to the courtyard?" I asked him after potions.

"Harry asked me for help with the tournament sorry." he shrugged me off before running off. I noticed he'd been doing that a lot lately and at first it didn't bother me since I knew Harry needed the help but lately it had started getting on my nerves.

"Okay-" I barely finished saying before he was already outside.

I walked out of the classroom and decided to head back to the Hufflepuff common room, seeing that there wasn't much else to do. I decided to take the long way just to make more time when I ran into Ced who looked like he was hiding.

"Woah, you alright?" I laughed.

"Sorry Sis, the girls, they've been following me for a while and I just managed to get away from them." He started walking with me.

"Oh yes, my brother's newfound fame." I poked fun at him.

"Where are you going? Why aren't you with Ron?" He asked.

"He said he needed to help Harry with the tournament." I brushed it off, trying not to sound upset. "Are you ready with that by the way?" I quickly asked.

"Uhmm yeah, I'm not really sure what to expect but I've been training." He kept turning his head to check for anyone who might be following him.

"I'm sorry about not spending more time with you, you know considering your successes and all, but I hope you know I'm very proud of you Cedi." he hated that nickname.

He looked down at me, a bright smile forming on his lips. "Thank you, sis, I really appreciate that." I could see he was really happy to hear that.

We continued walking to the Hufflepuff common room and we were just passing the great hall when I saw Harry walking into the hall with Hermione.

"Harry, is Ron with you?" I asked him.

"No, he told me he was with you." He answered confused.

I had a weird feeling in my stomach. "Okay." I continued walking and Cedric was right behind me.

"What happened?" Cedric asked me.

"I don't know," I answered him as we kept walking. We were close to turning a corner when we heard giggling.

And a couple of seconds later Ron and Lavander popped out. He had his arm around her waist and she kissed his cheek as they both giggled away.

"I should've known." I scoffed, I felt tears filling my eyes as I shoved past him taking the stairs to the Hufflepuff common room.