{Chapter 1}

Cruelty

"And that's all I'm ready to go!" Nezuko carrying a basket of tons of coal."Nezuko?" A voice coming from out from a little house,nezuko turned around and saw her mother calling her "your face is covered from coal come here" "ok" nezuko running towards her mother.Kie the mother of nezuko smiled as she grabbed a towel,She took off the coal from nezuko face.nezuko hummed as a "thank you"."you know that yesterday it snowed very hard and with all this snow it's Dangerous...you don't have to go?" Kie advising her daughter "well,I want everyone to eat their fill on new years,so I'm going to sell as much charcoal as I can mom".Nezuko giving a smile on her face "your too kind nezuko and just be careful ok I don't want you to get hurt like Tanjiro did!" "OK,bye-NEE SAN WAIT".Nezuko looked around and saw her siblings Hanako and shigeru running towards her "I heard you are going to town to sell coal, right?" Shigeru questioning her sister "yea I'm heading out why?" Nezuko answering her brother confused."well I want to come to town!" "Me too" Hanako also wanting to come,but kie had to disagree "I'm sorry shigeru and Hanako,but you can't because you know very well you can't walk fast like nezuko ". Shigeru looked in disbelief "Mom please don't do that!" Shigeru huffed and gave his mother a angry face."you may not shigeru maybe next time when the cart is fixed you and Hanako will go". "But thats next year I want to go this year!" Shigeru begging his mother to go with her.Hanako huffed and ran to her  sister  "Nezuko I promise to help-me too!" Shigeru and Hanako looking at their sister to say yes,but sadly it didn't turn out to be a yes "thank you two but you have to stay alright?" "Huh!" Hanako looking at her sister in sadness.nezuko came up with a idea to make them happy "hey shigeru how about when I come back I'll give you tons of goodies and Hanako I'll read you a story when I come back".Shigeru and Hanako smiled of joy to hear this "okay" "make sure to bring tons of goodies" Shigeru demanded his sister to bring candy as she promised."Must of been nice if you would help chop these trees you know!" Takeo looking at his sister with and angry face nezuko sighed and smiled "I'm sorry Takeo but I have to go" Nezuko apologizing because he promised Takeo that she would help him."I promise I will help next time" she patted her brother in the head which made look embarrassed "hey cut that out" Takeo. yelling at his sister" Shigeru laughed at his brother "look Takeo your blushing!" He pointed at him."cut it out shigeru!" Everyone laughed but Takeo."ok I have to go now" "bye" nezuko headed out and noticed that she was being watched "who's there!" "Boo" nezuko jumped as she saw her little brother rukata "you scared rukata!" Nezuko looking at him."hi nezuko it seems your heading out now" Tanjiro The older brother of nezuko."yeah I am" "I'm sorry you have to take my job" "Don't worry tanjiro I got this anyways" nezuko telling her brother it's fine.Tanjiro smiled and told rukata to head home "bye nezuko come back safe" Tanjiro waving at his sister "I will" nezuko promised.

2 minutes later

Nezuko was already down the hill and was heading to the village (nezuko mind "we don't have an easy life,but we're happy".And life could change suddenly like the weather...".
Nezuko was already at the village and saw an old lady sweping the floor that was covered in snow "Nezuko did you really come down here?,you might can get a cold" the old lady shocked that nezuko came here.Nezuko chuckled and smiled and asked the lady if she needs charcoal,but before the lady can answer a man interrupted "hey nezuko can I have some charcoal?" "Oh Nezuko thank you for helping me the other day" An other man thanking nezuko.A door busted open and there was a beaten man "Nezuko is that you?" Nezuko turned and saw the man beaten "OH THANK GOD,THEY ACCOUSED ME OF BREAKING THIS PLATE,PLZ SMELL IT". The man begging nezuko,nezuko smelled it and said "it smells like a cat" "So it was a cat-SEE I TOLD YOU!" Nezuko backed away and heard other people "hey nezuko can I buy some,ME too" Tons of people wanted to buy some coal.

3 hours later

Three hours past and nezuko soled all the coal she had,she also had all lot of money too buy food and supplies for her family.She smiled and was about to head up the mountains until an old man appeared."hey nezuko are you heading heading up the mountain?" The old man questioning her."yes I am why?" Nezuko looked confused but still answer the man question "it's too dangerous,you can stay here for the night" "but" "Do t argue! Come on! Before the demon show up".Nezuko frozed as she heard the word demon.She went inside to stay there for the night.The name of the old man was saburo he made dinner for nezuko which was delicious.Nezuko was still curious about the creature named demon she asked saburo what they mean but when saburo answered her question nezuko frozed "man eating creatures have always prowled the land once it gets dark.Nezuko looked in horror and wondering if her family is okay."well go too sleep" saburo told nezuko."hey can demon come inside your house?" "Yes they can..." nezuko was worried if a demon can get to her home she sighed and closed her eyes hoping that when she comes back everyone is safe."wait but the demon will eat the people who will protect them?" "The demon slayer protect us by slaying them..." nezuko sighed and praying that everything will be ok.(nezuko mind Saburo is all alone after loosing his whole family...So he must be lonely.Maybe I'll bring my sisters and brothers next time,It's OK nezuko don't be scared there fine and I'm safe,but at the same time when grandma was alive she would say the same thing about demons.just sleep nezuko when you come home it will be fine.Nezuko finally sleept and peacefully sleep.

The Next Day

Nezuko woke up and immediately got her stuff ready she went out door and started walking "be careful nezuko" "ok" nezuko replied.She started walking and tried to clear her mind about the demons."whenever happiness is destroyed,there always the smell of.... Blood".Nezuko smelled Blood and Quickly ran as fast as possible,but when she reach to her home she looked in horror at what she saw.Nezuko saw her family dead and slaughter "TANJIRO!" Nezuko ran too her brother on the icy snow and rukata on the ground dead.Nezuko panicked as salty tears running down her checks "WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Nezuko smelled more Blood she turned and saw something that will  reak Nezuko heart.Her mom,sister and her two brothers dead she looked in horrors and shocked she didn't move but froze "M-mom?-...M-mom H-Hanako Ta-Takeo Shigeru,Tanj-iro,Rukata!".Nezuko looked in disbelief that her whole family is dead.

1 Minute

Nezuko quickly running down the hill while having Tanjiro on her back.Nezuko panting as she tried to keep her balance "tanjiro is the only one that still warm!,I must walk faster to get a doctor,so he might live".Nezuko was struggling with tanjiro on her back.Nezuko trying to breath,but with all this cold Hitting on her face and breathing the cold air is making her slow."NO KEEP MOVING TANJIRO IS STILL ALIVE IM WASTING TIME,COME ON NEZUKO WALK FASTER!" Nezuko yelling at herself but with her older brother on her back is making her slow down."Tanjiro I won't let you die nit like this you are my only hope please don't leave me brother I got this just wait for a little longer keep breathing,Your little sister got this...you will live!" Nezuko begging her brother to live and not die...but tanjiro hands started to twitch.Before nezuko could react or noticed Tanjiro started to pull nezuko making her almost fall off the edge "GRR AHH!!" Tanjiro was making growl at nezuko "wait ta-AHH!!" Tanjiro pulled nezuko and her and tanjiro fall of the edge.Nezuko landed on the snow she was shocked and trembling right In the situation she's in."the snow it saved me but it's also the reason why I feel" nezuko got up and didn't see her brother she panicked,but heard noises in the back.She turned around and saw her brother standing up "tanjiro don't get up I'll get you a doctor" "tanjiro?" Nezuko looked at tanjiro.Tanjirp looked at her and attacked her,nezuko quickly Grabbed her axe to protect her from tanjiro."Tanjiro he's a...

Demon...