ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪ: ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ

The sun starts rising, Dmitri was walking on the sand of the beach, looking for something. It seemed endless for him, and felt like walking the same area over and over. Though he feels famished, and urge to hunt.  Dmitri looked to the forest, he hears the leaves rustling, insects churring, and scrabbling lizards on a tree bark. "Maybe I should explore a little, then I'll find something to eat." Said Dmitri.

When Dmitri walked inside the forest, his barefeet sank to the mud, feeling kind of icky every time he takes a step. There were hibiscus shrubs that looked pretty, Dmitri took a closer look of it, seeing an aphid flying outside of the flower. He kept walking, and feeling his legs starting to flax out, then he found a shallow river. Dmitri kneeled down, and used his hands to wash his face. There were fishes swimming through the waters, you can hear stream burbles as it travels along its bed, bubbling over rocks and branches.

"Fish..." Dmitri looked closely to the shallow river, and there were a few fishes. It wasn't too big or too small, but it is enough for one person to eat.
He tried grabbing the fish by his bare hands, but couldn't catch a single one. He sat down on a rock, feeling his arm aching. He let out a loud groan of frustration, and tried thinking of a good way to catch a fish. "Maybe a spear would work, just needed a branch, sharp rock, and a strong string for it to not break apart.." he said, while looking at his surroundings.

Dmitri took a step on the shallow river, and the water seems to be cold that he shivered. He tried finding rocks that were pointy enough to pierce anything. As he took a few more steps, he felt his right foot got pierced through by a needle, and which made him trip over to the water. "Ouch!" He held his foot, and seemed like it was bleeding in one spot. He looked over where he stepped on, and there was a long pointy rock sticking out of the water, which made him feel stupid on why he didn't notice it on the first place. He forcefully took it, and went to the other side of the river. His foot still feels like there's a stuck needle inside, and making him feel paralyzed.

"Ah shit.." Dmitri sweared. It stopped bleeding as soon he cleaned it up. He then ripped a little half of his sleeve, then wrapped it around his wound. "Well, that's atleast the thing I could do best for now." He said to himself. "Now for a branch to find-" as he turned his head to the left, he saw a long branch about a few steps away. He then quickly took it, and he only needs to find one string, though he doesn't expect to find one easily. He went back to the forest to see if there's any alternatives for it. He then came across a close area of big trees that were huge, and you couldn't see how tall it is. Dmitri sees vines that were thick enough to tie a knot, and some trees bear fruit. He grabbed one, and tried pulling it down. He went hard on it, making him land on his back to the ground. "Oof!" He felt his back ache as he tries getting back up. He fixed himself by dusting the dirt off his clothes.

Dmitri starts tying the branch and the pointy rock he found with the vines, though his handmade spear isn't that durable enough but he is able to catch some food with it. He went back to the shallow river to catch some fish. He caught a few, and which is enough for him to eat. He prepared firewood by picking up small branches that were scattered around the beach, and a few stones for him to start a fire. He roasted the fish, and took a few bites of it. It wasn't a very pleasant, it tasted bitter, and was overwhelming for Dmitri to eat. "Augh... Disgusting, I would've put salt on these, but it is part of life and I have to eat this to survive" He chewed, and finished eating the burnt fish.

Later on, Dmitri was sitting on the sand, holding a stick and illustrating a tree on the sand. He felt bored, wanting to do something for fun, or get back home. He sighed, and dropped the stick, and looked to the sea waves as it goes back and forth. He stood up, walked to the waters, and he felt cold to his bare feet. The wind's breeze flew within his long snowy hair, and he never felt so peaceful.