Prologue - The Start of Everything

(This is essentially the first fanfiction that I have ever published, so wish me good luck as I try to use Xu Wenwu from Shang Chi and make him into someone better)

Let start now...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything has a beginning, and this is my beginning, in this new world I am born Xu Y/N. I was planted in this world by a certain entity naming itself as The Presence. However, my real name is Y/N Pham and I am just a regular student in high school, meaning I am just a nobody. I am just a Vietnamese male who just wants to live his life as a normal person, I am pretty antisocial, and have low self-esteem which led me to have some problems talking to girls. I was always pretty smart having straight A's throughout my four years in high school, and I have a pretty nice family who has always supported me throughout the years. 

Some might say that "This dude has a good life!", and you might be right about that, I had a good family who cared for me and good grades for me to go to college. I am a model example of what Asian parents would brag to other parents about. As you can see I am a pretty normal dude who lives a normal life. But that is enough about me, it is time for me to show you how I got into the DC universe and became one immortal warlord that is feared throughout the entire DC universe.

It was June 3rd, 2022, graduation day at my school. It was the morning and people were at the auditorium to receive their high school diplomas. I was sitting next to two of my best friends who names were Andre and Devin. I have met them since I was a freshman in high school during one of those club conventions that those schools have. People stated that I should enjoy high school, and so I did the smart thing and joined the academic clubs at my school, like those STEM clubs. After all, I did want to get into a good college, so why not increase my knowledge while I participate in these types of clubs. After signing up for them, I came across a manga/comic book club that piqued my interest. I've always loved comic books, especially when they were turned into movies.

My favorite has always been Marvel, but I am not thinking of a hero, I am thinking of a certain antagonist in the MCU. This character was played by Tony Leung and his name in the MCU is, "The Mandarin." When I watched Shang-Chi for the first time and saw him for the first time,  I fell in love with his character. His background of being an ancient warlord has given me an interest in more of his backstory in that universe. How he gave up his Ten Rings because his wife gave up her powers is truly beautiful to me. But as always happiness doesn't last forever, as his wife, the love of his life, dies because of a gang wanting revenge for what he did to them in the past. In which he paid for it, at the cost of his wife's life. It is truly something that connected to me and make me think of him as being one of the best Marvel villains in the MCU. Plus the Ten Rings are so COOL! Like it is one of the most versatile weapons in the MCU and it is better than Thor's Mjolnir and Captain America shield.

Anyway, moving forward I joined this club and met my friends Andre and Devin. Andre was a Hispanic male, around 5'8" to 5'11", and has an appearance of a discord moderator (no hate to Andre). He loved anime and liked to read and watch manga all day, well I mean who doesn't. He loves marvel, and his favorite superhero is Spiderman, and his favorite anime is Demon Slayer. Wonder why he has a Spiderman Hoodie, and a picture of Nezuko on his phone. 

Next was Devin, who was a Filipino male, and was around 5'7" like myself, who was the opposite of me in which he was more social, and an appearance of a true anime fan. He always wore a JJBA (JoJo Bizarre Adventure) hoodie that either has an image of the stand Sticky Fingers or Killer Queen. Hell, his phone case is Sticky Fingers zipping down revealing itself. He didn't like superheroes like me and Andre, he was more of an anime fan as depicted, but he liked the world of comics. Hell, he even made his fanfiction about a cross-over between Dora The Explorer and JJBA (Don't ask for this cursed fanfic). He liked the freedom in comic books and manga, in which we can be something real and not pretend that we are something we are not.