Part One: Summer Break

Vee's Mixtape <3
1. Sure Thing by Miguel
2. Blue Dream by Jhené Aiko
3. Until the End of Time (Remix) by Justin Timberlake
4. Promise by Romeo Santos
5. Shawty Is Da Shit by The-Dream
6. The Way by Ariana Grande
7. 3005 by Childish Gambino
8. Baby Be Mine by Michael Jackson
9. If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys
10. Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars

Hey buttercup, I made this mixtape for you cuz I gotta fat ass crush on you. Since forever, but last year I realized how much I like you and I want you to be my girl! I understand if you don't wanna ruin our friendship, I just wanted to tell you how I feel about your beautiful ass.

Hopefully your man,
Jack

___________________________________

June '14

iMessage

Jack tha Mack
Yoo Vee, you up??

Baby Vee
I am now
Baby Vee
Whatcha want?

Jack tha Mack
Urb, Sunny, n me bout to head out. Wanna come?

Baby Vee
Yea! Gimme 20 mins

Jack tha Mack
Cool. On the way!
Read at 11:02 am

___________________________________

"Pass the joint Jack damn!" Sunny said snatching it from him and passing it to Urb.
"Aye stay your ass in the back seat, I'll pass it when I'm done," he huffed. "You good Venus?" I felt myself grinning hard at him, then nodded.
"Yessir!" I said happily.
"She's so fucking zooted," Urban laughed. "Good first time?"
"Of course! I'm with my best friends," I answered.
"Correction; best friend and associates," Sunshine said taking the joint from Urban.
"Fuck you, we've known Venus just as long as you," Jack said.
"Well, I befriended her first," Sunny argued.
"Bullshit!"

I leaned over to the front of the car passing the joint to Jack. He took it carefully brushing his fingers against mine. Fuck don't blush or else Sunny's gonna point it out.
"Hey is Sunshine right?" Jackman questioned.
"Bout what?"
"Her being your friend first."
"Oh, yeah she's right. 'Hi I'm Sunshine! We're gonna be best friends got it?'" I mimicked.
"I was right though, we're still best friends," she said hitting my arm. "I got the munchies now.
"Me too," Urban said rolling down the window. "IHOP?"
"Yes! I want pancakes!" I shouted.
"I'll get you all the pancakes you want buttercup," Jack chuckled while looking at me through the rearview mirror.

One thing about eating out with Jack and Urban is that they always pay for me and Sunshine, and if we try to pay they'll get pissy about it. So, of course, we go all out with the food.
"Sunny lemme try your French toast please," I begged trying to pick at her food.
"Girl no! You wanted pancakes so eat your damn pancakes," she said pushing my hand away.
"Pssst." My attention turned to Jack who was pointing at my plate. I looked down and saw he gave me a piece of his French toast.
"You know Jackman's gonna take your best friend spot," I teased Sunny, my mouth full of food.
"Oh please, he'll be taking another spot," she mumbled with a grin. "Jack, you're single right?"
"Duh dummy. You tryna hook me up with a friend of yours?" He asked adjusting his glasses.
"Maybe! She's really cute, smart, a little shy," she replied.
"Urban, do you like anyone?" I asked.