Wildest Dreams

(Lucresia Lopez)

She's back.

Lucresia Lopez is back,

Back to the place she vowed she will never step another foot ever again.

But now... she's staring at the old welcome sign.

"Costa Leona" she muttered

'It's too late to turn around now'

With both her hands tightly gripping the steering wheel and her right foot on the gas pedal, she drove towards the quaint little town.

Unintentionally, running at 30 glancing at the surroundings. 'Nothing's changed', she said in her thoughts. Nostalgia crept up to her skin making her uneasy, this is exactly what she's avoiding: feeling the feelings she had. Cresia tried killing it while its still blooming. She needs to be indifferent she's here for one thing and one thing only, her father.

The only reason for her coming back home is her dying father. After 4 years of hiding from everyone except her beloved father and her precious cousin Andra. 4 years after that dreadful night she is now driving into their old driveway, their house still looks the same except for now empty garden beside it. There was once a garden of flowers that her mother planted and taken care of, next to their home that she was not allowed by her mother to go inside because her mother didn't want her to get pricked by the roses' thorns. Her mother loved her so much, if she could she would never let anything hurt her not even a mosquito will land on her skin but her mother wasn't able to protect her from the second hurt she ever felt. The First would be her mother's death and second, would be the death of her own heart.

"Stop.it" Cresia shook her head in disgust remembering the unwanted memories sneaking up on her

She was about to pull up the car when she heard her phone ringing.

Andra Calling...

She quickly answered it, "I'm here"

"Cresia! uncle—" she parked the car and ran inside the mansion

She open the door didn't bother to knock or even take a glance at who's in the living room waiting, she just ran upstairs where her father's room is.

"Papa!" her eyes blurry while she is looking at her father, her sweet sweet poor father, lying on his bed white as milk, hair thinning with already bald spots due to chemotherapy, tube in his mouth, and with dozen of wires on his body and around him.

The once-powerful man is now helpless and feeble.

She ran towards her ailing father crouching down on him, holding his frail hand gripping it tightly she bent down and whispered in her ear, "Papa I'm here, I'm here now" hoping her plea reach him.

And it did.

"Anak?" Her father weakly opened his eyes, now tearing up

"Yes Papa I'm here now, Papa please fight for me, for us." Cresia pleads to her father's ear now tears mixing her dad's.

Her father only nodded. He closed his eyes and his mouth form a weak but hopeful smile. She smiled and kissed the side of her father's temple as she tightly clasped her hand on his.

"Ms. Lopez" a voice called out for her, unclasping their hands she pulled the sheet onto his chest and laid a kiss on his forehead.

"Are you the doctor?" a man not older than 40 nodded and walked towards her with his hand stretching towards her.

"I'm Dimitri Lukin, your cousin Mrs. Mercadejas employed me to be your father's on-call doctor. As Dr. Lauv passed away a year ago." she took his hand, shook it, and thank him, she looked around the room and just realized who came in with the good doctor.