1. Waking Up

When I woke up my head was pounding. I was squinting my eyes because everything was blurry. I couldn't see a thing.

" Hey, sweetheart. "

Said a voice. One I recognised. I closed my eyes and reopened them. Things cleared up and then I saw her. My mother. Well, Everly's mother.

" Mom. "

I say with a watery smile. I know I'm not her but I have to start acting like it.

She smiles back and says,

" There is someone here who has been waiting for you to open your eyes."

She then points to a chair in the far corner where the most handsome guy I ever saw was asleep.

" Who's he? "

I asked not taking my eyes off him.

" His name is Kaden Wiles. He's been here every day. He sometimes sleeps over. He's very protective of you and he's also the one that found you and brought you to the hospital."

Mom explains with a smile.

" Hospital? "

I asked.

Mom nods. Right, the accident. How could I forget?

" How old is he? "

I asked.

" Nineteen. "

Mom says with a wink.

We both giggle that's when Kaden stirs and wakes up.

" Hey princess. "

He says shooting me a smile.

" Hey. "

I returned fighting the urge to get out of the bed and go to him. He sits up and then gets out of the chair to come to the bed. He takes hold of my hand and I feel sparks.

I recognise that feeling.

Mate.

He must be an Alpha. I was so lost in his eyes that I forgot my mother was there. She cleared her throat and says,

" I'll give you two some time alone. "

Mom leaves and it was just me and him.
He looks at me intently before he says,

" I have so much I want to tell you "

I smile a little at how humble he spoke to me.

" Take your time I'm not going anywhere"

I said pointing at my cast.

My choice of words catch him by surprise, He looks at me stunned for a minute and then he smiles. I could have told him that I know that he is a werewolf but where's the fun in that? I liked being the none the wiser human. The one he wants to protect. When he says nothing I decided on thanking him, so I did.

" Thank you for saving me, Kaden. "

He smiles and takes hold of my hand. He looks at me for a little while and then frowned. He then looks to the door and in comes a beautiful redhead girl. She glanced at me but her attention was mostly on Kaden.

" You are needed home. "

She says addressing only him. He looks at her and then back to me.

" Princess I need to step outside to talk to Freya I'll be right outside if you need me. "

He says standing up. He follows the redhead who he called Freya and I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous that his attention was taken away from me and given to her. Who is she? Could she be his mate? All sorts of things went through my head. I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice when my Mom came into the room.

" Hey, sweetheart. "

She says smiling.

" Hey. "

Was my reply my eyes glued to the door. I wanted to see Kaden again. The thought of him disappearing scared me.

" Kaden. "

I say suddenly feeling lightheaded.

Mom rushed out of the room and that's when everything went black.

•••••

Five days later....

" Why isn't she waking up? "

I heard a someone growl. Someone else replies saying.

" Alpha you took a huge risk by giving her your blood. "

I also heard shuffling which meant someone was pacing.

" She's my mate. "

The voice says.

" What if your blood turns her? "