chapter three.

UNDENIABLE TRUTHS
august 2nd

( 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘄 𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗮, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗱- 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻 )

Her nail was between her teeth, being bitten away while she was in thought. Her legs were starting to feel sore from her back and forward pacing, her steps being a bit harsh on the ground. She had started to feel nauseated over an hour ago, but she could not bring herself to care.

"Would you like to experience a semi-normal life with me?"

He had to be lying. It had to be some kind of sick joke.

Scott had left immediately after saying that. Telling her, he needed to bring food to his mom. Giving her a brightening smile and an awkward wave. He said he would be back tomorrow, leaving her to ponder over his words all night; it was now the next day.

How could she say yes to him? He probably had a normal life with normal worries and she would mess that up. She despised being more of a burden than she already was, it made her unbearable to be around. The fear of him feeling like that at some point, the way he would feel at some point.

She hissed softly at the tug in her arm, seeming to forget the iv that was placed hours ago. Alice took this as a sign to fall back on her bed. Her body splayed out lazily on the small bed, arm still slightly stinging from irritation.

Alice's eyes fluttered closed, a frustrated huff leaving her. Her left hand came to cup her right arm, groaning softly as she felt a wet substance on her skin.

Soft knocks rang from the doorway, causing Alice to crane her head upwards. Her lips automatically twisted into a relieved smile.

Her eyes were pulled to the small amount of blood on her skin, her gaze moving to meet Alices. "Is there a reason you're bleeding from your arm?" Melissa questioned, giving the girl a judge-filled expression. Setting down her medicine before walking over with a furrow on her brows, seeming upset.

"Would it be funny if I said it was because of a boy?" Alice humored, her lips turning upwards when the woman gave her a side-eye; one full of amusement. "Well more the thought of him." She cleared up.

Melissa gently brought up her arm, giving a squeeze as the only warning before she pulled the iv out. Rubbing comforting circles on her arm when Alice winced in response to the pull in her arm.

The woman hummed thoughtfully, lolling her head to the side with a small smile. "Not at all. You're a teenage girl. Boy problems are bound to happen." Despite her words, amusement filled her tone.