- Chapter Two -

“I’ll have a double cheeseburger, ten piece chicken nugget, and a large chocolate milkshake.” I tell the cashier at Mcdonalds while Harry is staring “I’ll have a double cheeseburger, ten piece chicken nuggets, large fries, and a at me wide-eyed. “What?” I ask him, confused why he was staring at me.

“Are you really gonna eat all that?” He ask, bewildered.

“Umm, yeah.” I reply

He turns his attention back to the cashier and orders his food.

“One cheeseburger and a large soda, please.” Wow. I must be really fat, I got so much more food than him, and the saddest part is, I’m going to finish it all. We backed away from the counter so the next people in line can order their food.

“So, why did you and that kid break up?” He asks as we wait for our food to be ready. I think about telling him to shut up, but the look on his face tells me different. It tells me that he’s not asking because he’s curious, but because he really does care. Most people don’t really care about me, they just want to be friends with me because I’m popular.

“All he cares about is football and video games. I don’t really know why I was dating him. Actually I do know, because that’s who I was supposed to date. Isn’t that how it always is? The popular girl with the popular boy? I realized how stupid I was for ever going out with him in the first place when he freaked out over the fact I called football stupid. That’s why I was walking alone outside, he told me to get out of his car.” I liked the fact that Harry was listening to me and not interrupting or staring off into space.

“That’s the reason you don’t want to go home? Don’t girls normally like to stay at home and mourn after breakups?” He asks with a confused look on his face.

“Yes but, my mom is going to be so mad at me for breaking up with Seth. She’s alwa-”

“Order number 13 is ready!” A voice behind the counter boomed. I looked over to see that the voice belonged to a middle-aged woman in hair net. I’m pretty sure she has a mustache. Gross.

“Go pick a table to sit at while I get the food, then you can continue to tell me why your mum will be upset with you.” Harry told me before walking off to get our food. I pick a booth in the back. It was kind of isolated, but that’s what I liked about it. It was private so no one will hear us, and if someone from school comes in they won’t see me. I haven’t told anyone about my personal life and all my problems. Not even Brianna. I like to pretend that everything's okay. It’s better that way, fake a smile and try to enjoy life. I normally wouldn’t tell anyone at all what I’m about to tell Harry, but for some odd reason, I trust him. Maybe I’m going crazy, or maybe it’s that British accent, I want to tell Harry.

I was distracted from my thoughts when Harry sat down across from me with a large tray of food. That’s when I realized how hungry I was, the food looks so delicious, and if I weren't in a public place I would be stuffing my mouth with the food and I would be halfway done already. I dug into the food, in a very lady-like way, I hope. I started with the cheeseburger, and it was good.

“Maybe I didn’t think this through. You can’t tell me about your issues while you’re shoving your mouth with food.” He admits.

I wait until I’m done swallowing my food to answer him. “It won’t take me that long to finish it, I promise.”

“I can see that.” He asks as lets out a low chuckle. I give him the death stare and he quickly stops laughing.

“I mean it’s totally normal for a girl to shove her face with an enormous of food.” He says sarcastically.