²⁷ whos got a secret?

TWO MONTHS LATER

THE SOUND OF INTENSE RINGING INFILTRATED LEXIES EARS, her world was crumbling beneath her own feet. it was all dying, everything was dying.

her marriage, her will to live.

i'm sick.

lexie had both hands splayed on the counter of the kitchen in front of her, leaning forward as a sigh escaped her lips—-in clear distress at her own thoughts, she was utterly sickened at where her life was.

"—what are you doing? looking for wedding dresses?" miles laughed as he jumped on their bed beside lexie, trying to steal the magazine from her grip.

but lexie was faster than him, because she swiped the dress catalog away from him before shutting it and throwing it on the ground.

"ah, ah, ah, youre not supposed to see the dress" lexie said as she pointed a finger at him, causing him to sigh and roll his eyes—-lexies mouth fell open at his reaction,

"it's tradition!" she shouted at him,

"iTs tRaDiTIoN!" he mocked her in a high pitch voice, causing lexie to gasp in an over dramatic sound of offense before she playfully hit him, causing his eyes to widen.

"you're so dead" he said with a laugh before rolling over and grabbing her hips as his body was on top of hers in a flash, a loud scream of laughter escaped her lips.

"you know the drill, say you love me" he winked, it was their favorite little game.

"i love you more than anything miles, you practically set my body on fire—" lexie said while laughing,

"—jesus are you trying to set the house on fire?" present miles snapped lexie out of her thoughts, brushing past her, and slamming the lid of the screaming kettle down.

so that's what the ringing was.

lexie shook her head quickly, snapping out of her memories as she looked up at the loud kettle—-she was making herself a cup of tea because she didn't feel the best today.

because today was the day.

going to legally sit down with a lawyer and sign the divorce papers, and lexie felt like she was going to die today, physically stop breathing.

"sorry" she muttered, turning around to look at miles, who was surprisingly making himself a cup of coffee, even though he didn't like coffee, which most likely meant he was hungover.

lexie felt herself zone out as she stared at him, eyeing his frame up and down, miles was on her mind, all day everyday.

feeling herself snap into a dream stance, lexie watched miles put the coffee creamer down before walking over to her, resting both hands on the counter, one on either side of her body.

she stared at him with wide eyes, really not knowing what he was doing.

he brought his bottom lip between his teeth before leaning forward and smashing his lips against hers—

"—lexie!" miles' voice snapped her out of her daydreaming once again, causing her to snap her head and look up at him like a deer caught in headlights, he narrowed his eyes at her.

"are you high or something?" he asked weirdly as he opened the fridge,

"don't worry about it" she spat at him, she wasn't. lexie just knew that she didn't owe him one explanation for anything, considering the fact that in roughly an hour their marriage would be over.