back to the story

I walked up to Fred, saying "morning Fred how are you today?" "I'm alright, how are you today summer?" He replied happily.
I looked at him and smiled I replied "I'm good thanks." And I walked to the book shelf. I was scanning the books on the shelf seeing if I could see anything about history, it seems there was nothing though but I thought I would double check so I asked Fred if he had anything. "Oh yes I have a book on the Vikings." Fred replied in a calm tone. I took hold of the book and put it into my bag. "Thanks Fred can't wait to read it!" I said with excitement. I went to look at some dream catchers and as soon I got there Fred asked me to come back to the desk, so that's what I did. He sat down in his chair and began to say "Summer.. I've been keeping something from you..and I have been for years now.." I was scared about what he was going to tell me, my thoughts where running round in circles. "The truth is.." *here it comes* summers mind said worriedly. "I'm on the brink of death.. I've been I'll for years and tomorrow I will most likely die..". I immediately put my hands on the desk *bang* "No this can't be true! It just can't!!" "I'm afraid..it is.." he replied slowly with a sad tone in his voice. "Therefore you can take as much as you want for free, as a thank you for coming here so regularly." He said as he wiped away his cold tears on his pale face. "No I won't take anything for free. I will pay." I said as I started to break down. "Summer it's my way of saying thank you..so please just take anything you want for free!" Fred said holding my hand. "If you insist my Friend" said I trying to hold my tears back. So I walked around and picked out the things that caught my eyes. After I was done I went to the desk one more time. "My friend, I want you to take this key and keep it safe. Make sure nobody steals it from you." He said taking off the key necklaces and handing it to me. "Thank you so much Fred for everything! I will never forget you." I said finally letting my tears roll down my cold face. I waved him goodbye one Last time...then I walked out the door. It was deeply upsetting to only just hear that he became very sick..