Killian Baron Hart

Killian Baron Hart was born in the year 1881 and was born and raised in Manchester England. He was the youngest of his parents 2 children with there being 5 years between him and his older brother Augustus Hart. His mother, Lilian Hart who was 23 when her second son was born, was a maid from Scotland and his father, Fredrick Hart who was 25 when he was born, was a soldier from Manchester. Killian's father was murdered at age 33, in a gang related incident when Killian was only 8 years old, he was simply a person who was there at the wrong time. His father's pension only helped the family somewhat as Lillian had to quit her job to take care of the two young boys.

The murder of his father inspired Killian to want to work as a detective for the Manchester police force, so he worked hard to pursue a career in the forces to make Manchester a better place. Unfortunately he was unable to pursue his career when he turned 18 as Britain plunged into war with the South African Republic during the Second Boer war in 1899. Killian volunteered with his brother to join the war and serve his country. While Augustus had volunteered for the armed forces, Killian decided to volunteer for the cavalry. The young boy fought with the 5th Lancers cavalry until his final battle with them on October 21st 1899. After the charge that almost killed him and his fellow cavaliers, Killian pleaded with his commanders for his steed to be seen to for his wounds. As a loud bang sounded from Killian's commander's rifle, Killian witnessed his first true love murdered. After that event he transferred to the 1st Battalion, Manchester Regiment where he fought alongside his brother until the end of the war in 1902.

Despite only being away for 3 years, the war had transformed Killian from a boy to a man. He was hardened and disciplined from his years at war allowing him to rise through the police ranks quickly, until he reached his desired rank of Detective Superintendent. Killian had earned a name for himself and was a highly respected officer in Manchester. However one day after a difficult case, he turned home only to find his mothers blooded body on the ground in front of the door; a bloody knife laying next to her body. As he carefully picked up the object to examine it, his actions were interrupted by footsteps. As he turned in the direction of the sound, he was met by Augustus' shocked pallor face. Surely his brother did not think that he was capable of murdering his own mother? Clearly he did as he reached for his pistol. Killian raced back out of the door to the only person he knew would be willing to aid him. His brother's wife.

She helped Killian escape England, sending him on a ship, destination? Saint Denis America, land of the free.