Chapter 14

KAI'S POV

I was alone. This was the definition of alone. I never thought about it, when were you really considered alone? When you were in a room by yourself? No. When no one cares about you, when you have no body, when everything seems useless. When you question yourself, why do I try? No one cares, I have no one. No body. I was completely ALONE. The word echoed in my head and bounced off the sides. I was alone. The word kept reminding me that I had no one and I had nothing to live for, but yet for some reason I felt like I needed to try. Try. I snapped back to reality, and realized I was still in the water. I sighed because I felt scared. I looked around but yet I still couldn't see because it was night time. I bobbed up and down with the mini waves. I sighed and continued swimming at a steady pace, looking for any sign of lights. Anything other than darkness. 

After what felt like hours I stopped. I was out of breath and my whole body felt weird. The feeling where you are in the pool or the ocean and you were in for about an hour. Your body feels wrinkly, gross and all you want is out of the water. That's how I felt, except I had no choice. I either give up and die, or try and die. I chose the second one, I wasn't a quitter. Then it hit me. It hit how hungry I was, how tired I was, how scared, exhausted, done, and emotionally distraught I was. What if I never got out of the water? What if I drowned to the bottom of the sea? My body just disinegrated and I became nothing more than a piece of the ocean. That's not my story. No. I will not die out here. This spark of hope made me continue to swim. I paddeled and paddeled so much I didn't even notice the tears escaping my eye sockets. 

"DAMN IT, JUST GIVE ME A SIGN!!" I screamed.

It was no use. 

The night went by slowly. It was so slow, remember in school you were really excited for it to be the weekend and you only have ten minutes left? Those ten minutes took forever, you would think to yourself; yes I have a WHOLE weekend to be excited about but it's those ten minutes seperating you from it. That's how I felt, but I didn't have a clock to countdown to. All I had was my body and my estimating as to how long I had left. My head was pounding harder than ever and I kept feeling my eyelids droop. If I let them closed, I was scared they wouldn't open again. Maybe it's just not worth it anymore, should I just stop trying right now? I was heading towards nothing. Actually I was looking, who know how close the closest civilazation was? I opened my eyes for what I felt to be the last time until I saw something. Something. I actually saw SOMETHING. I began to paddle faster with each stroke I took. I never wanted something this desperately. I was swimming and the object became closer. I finally made it out to what I realized was land! IT WAS LAND! I was swimming and what felt like the ten minutes to the weekend finally ended. I could feel the bottom of the ocean. I let the waves carry me in as I crashed on the shore. I began to cry. I did it. I finally made it. I was gasping for air. I did it, I can't believe it, god believed in me. That's how. I stood up and used all the energy I had left and began to run. I tripped over something. I looked down to see what it was. My heart dropped to my stomach when I realized it was. It was my boot. The same boot I left on the mini island I was trying to get away from. I was back where I started. I was on the mini island. 

(AN:) I was going to end it here and leave a cliffhanger but it was just too short, so you're lucky! :)

HARRY'S POV: 

When I regained myself I got up from my bed. There was no way in hell I was going to sit here and wait and not do anything. I ran downstairs back to the couch to find a sleeping Louis. He must've crashed here from lastnight. I spotted my phone in between the couch coushins and grabbed it. I ran back upstairs because I didn't want to wake Louis. I dialed Paul's number. Ring, ring, ring, ring,

"Hello?" Paul answered.

"Paul, it's Harry. I want to search for Kai."

There was a pause, "No Harry you can't do th-"

"Paul I don't give a shit, I'm looking for Kai and that's it."

He seemed taken aback, "Uhh.."

"Look is there any way I can get on a boat with other searchers and help?"

He paused and sighed, "Look Harry, I don't know I guess I can call and find out..."

"Yes, right now, call me back in no longer than five minutes."

I heard him groan right before I hung up.

Yes. Now I needed to get ready. What did one bring when searching for someone? I decided since we were going on a boat to put on swim trunks and a tshirt. Then I put on my white converse. I went into the bathroom because to be honest I haven't gone to the bathroom since. I used the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I looked at my reflection and I was a mess. My curls were everywhere, I had bags under my eyes, and I looked like the crypt keeper. Eh, whatever. I walked out and got a phone call from I expected to be Paul,

"Yo"

"Yeah Harry, sure I'll come pick you up, be there in ten."

I hung up and walked out of my flat. I was too anxious to wait ten minutes. We were loosing time. Life threatening minutes crept away. What felt like forever passed by and Paul pulled up. I quickly hopped in the passenger seat.

"Step on it." I said.

"Hello to you too."

I wasn't in the mood. I needed to help find Kai and that was the bottom line.

***

We arrived at a dock and since it was night time I assumed that the only boat that was there was for us. I ran out of the car and sped to the boat. I approached the boat and peered around. I saw three men already on it wearing orange vests. I assumed it resembled a rescue team. What? I've never done this before. 

"Ello," I said cautiously

They all turned to me surprisingly. They were kind of confused until one of them said,

"Mr. Styles, you're coming to help?"

"Duh."

I was kind of annoyed. Did they expect me not to? What kind of person wouldn't try? That's what I had to do. Try.

***

Time has passed and there was not a single sign of Kai. I sat at the very tip of the boat and held the binoculars in my hand. My head kept looking back and forth for any sign of anything but all I saw was water. Stupid water. I sighed and held the binoculars to my eyes and peered around. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. I began to feel my eyes water. I had enough of water already.

"Harry?"

I turned around and saw the Captain.

"It's getting kind of late, maybe we should head back for tonight?" he suggested.

"Are you kidding me? No we keep going." that was a joke.

"We can continue anot-" I stopped him short.

"No. We keep searching." that was an order.

There was no way I was giving up, I had to TRY for Kai. (AN: rhymy heheh)

Time droned on and I felt like crying myself asleep, but we needed to push foward. If I didn't have faith who else would? I sometimes felt like giving up but I know I couldn't that wasn't an option. We needed to keep going.

****

Sunlight hit the horizon and reality struck. We weren't going to find her, we would never. All hope was gone. Every bit of it. I screwed up big time Styles. I sometimes wished I wouldn't make promises I couldn't keep. I really needed to stop- wait.

"CAPTAIN!" I screamed.

I plunged into the water.

I was not going to update tonight but I felt like I needed to since i said i might. Anyways my little nuggets, I hope you enjoyed, I would like to see some comments before the next upload? PLEASEEE! :) votes appreciated too! -a