Chapter 1

Note: Hi everyone! This is actually my first fanfic, but I couldn't help myself after arcane. Please let me know if you see any typos or have any other suggestions. This is going to be a bit of a slow-burn romance but I hope you have fun reading this :)

-------- Chapter 1

I heaved labored breaths as I reached the top of the stairs, stumbling to grab the railing. Ten flights of stairs, all while carrying half my weight in art supplies. How was I in a building full of engineering students yet none of them knew how to fix a damn elevator?

 I took note of the blue paint crusted under my fingernails. I didn't intend to meet the two greatest engineers in all of Piltover half an hour late and looking like a mess... Yet here I was.

I made my way down the corridor and lightly knocked on the door. "Come in," a voice answered. I slinked into the room, my head hanging. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to keep you waiting."

I looked up at the two boys. The larger one smiled warmly  "No worries, Y/N," he chuckled. "That elevator catches everyone."

"You must be Jayce," I stuck out my hand with a grin. "It's an honor to meet you."

I turned my attention to the other boy. His posture hunched a bit to one side and he looked like he was trying his best to be completely invisible.

"And you must be Viktor?" I ventured.

"Yes, thank you for coming Ms.L/n," he said politely, not quite meeting my eyes.

"You can just Y/n", I smiled, closing the distance between us. I extended my hand once again.

 He took it, much more lightly than Jayce had, finally meeting my eyes and giving me a slight smile.

"Y/n," he repeated, in his strange accent.

I stepped back to face both of them. "It sounds like you both know why I'm here."

"Mostly," Jayce answered. "Professor Heimerdinger mentioned you would be coming to do a painting of us?"

"Yes... I'm actually a student from the graduating art class. I was elected to paint your portraits to be hung in the great hall. The two of you are quite the pride of the academy," I beamed.

"You must be as well," Viktor stepped in. "To have your artwork displayed for thousands to see."

I shrugged. "I hope to live up to it... I would be happy to begin."

"Where do you want me?" Jayce asked enthusiastically.

"Actually, I would prefer it if you posed yourself. Just do whatever you're comfortable with. I find that if I leave it up to my subject, I'll get a more honest portrait."

"I see," Jayce mumbled, already looking around the space. He confidently strode towards the massive stained-glass window, before resting an elbow upon a desk in a half-lean. He smirked up at me. "How's this?"

I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. I heard Jayce was quite the "charmer' but his confidence and light-hearted attitude surprised even me. "Perfect for the golden boy of Piltover," I laughed. In fact, he did look golden under the yellow stained glass.

I turned to where Viktor had been, only to find he had already snuck back to his desk.

"Viktor? Would you like to join Jayce? I can always add you in later."

"There's no need," he answered, not bothering to turn away from his work. "You go ahead and paint Jayce, I don't need a portrait."

"R-really?" I asked in surprise. "I mean, I was kinda supposed to paint both of you.."