Birthday Surprise

You sigh softly, leaning into your boyfriend, Eric, as he chats with his friends. The room reeks of cigarettes and cheap booze, but you don't mind. He's been so busy lately that time together was rare.
     Things had been tense between you ever since you found him in bed with the guitarist of your favorite band, Gorillaz. It would've been awesome to meet Noodle under different circumstances.
     You were going to dump him right there, but he begged you to stay with him while he sees her. You both needed the good press you got from being together, and you just couldn't bring yourself to end it.
     So here you are, a side piece as he jokes and plays poker with his friends. The worst part of all this is that it's your birthday, and there's been no mention of it from him at all.
     You dismiss yourself to the bathroom and stare in the mirror, clenching onto the sink.
      "I can't believe this... Some birthday.."
       You look up to avoid tears falling from your eyes. You've been trying to stay strong, to convince yourself that everything going on doesn't bother you. Pretending you don't miss Eric, pretending you don't know every time Noodle comes over. It's killing you.
        You shake your head, freshening up before plastering on a smile and walking back out to the table.
         "Hey babe, welcome back! I actually just said bye to the guys, figured we could leave a bit early today."
          You stare at him, bewildered. He never leaves these things early. There must be an emergency or something. You follow him out to the car, biting your lip in thought.
         He opens the passenger seat and you get in. He shuts the door and then gets in the driver seat, smiling and placing a hand on your thigh. He starts to drive.
       'He's being unusually sweet... does he have bad news? Maybe he has to leave for a bit?' A few months ago you wouldn't have questioned it, taking it as him being himself. It wasn't until you found everything out that he started acting a bit less considerate towards you.
       "What's going on?" You blurt out, tired of the silence. He looks at you and smiles.
        "We have to get ready for the concert..." He pulls something out of his pocket and hands it to you. It's a backstage pass to a Gorillaz concert! You squeal happily, hugging him.
        "Oh my God, this is amazing! Thank you so much, baby!" A thought enters my mind, but you push it away. There's no point in worrying, you should just enjoy the concert.
        Though, you can't help but think about the fact that Noodle would be there.. Could he be using the gift as a cover to see her? You sigh, but shake your head. It doesn't matter! You're just gonna have fun!
       You arrive at your house and run in, rampaging through your closet. You eventually find an outfit you like and set it out.
     You shower, put your hair into H/S, and start to do your makeup. Once you're happy with how you look, you change into your clothes, adjusting things here and there.
         He chuckles as he watches you rush to get ready, shaking his head. He beckons you over, holding you close and kissing your lips sweetly. "Happy birthday babe, I love you. Let's go."
       With that, you left the house.