Not Your Typical Fairy Tale Volume 2

Christian Ramsoomair

Chapter 1: Was...That Really All?

                      After we explained what had happened to the king and queen, they were completely distressed. Of course, grateful to us for rescuing their daughter...but the queen looked like half of her might said to execute us. But naturally, she didn't.

Eventually, the king spoke up, stating that war would've been inevitable with the kingdom of Babalonia, due to their provocative actions...which was a given.

When we returned to Azelfare, it was already nearly nightfall, so Roselina questioned if they could stay the night. Luckily, the royalties agreed to, as a way to express their gratitude.

...

"Wowwwwwww! Is this really our room?!"

"It looks gorgeous!!! Thanks, your majesty!"

"Woww, this...this is incredible! You sure we could spend the night in here?"

Crea, Roselina and I all made our respective comments while gawking at the giant, royal bedroom granted to us for the night. It was about the size of fifteen meters by fifteeen meters. There were two double beds, each having royal red covers. The walls were painted a dark red, with the ends being coated in a black colour. It had a polished, well made, wooden floor, with a single large, midnight blue carpet in the middle. If anything, the sight of a royal bedroom this nice made me anxiously excited.

"Hahaha, enjoy. For tonight, this room is all yours. Use it as you see fit." The king mouthed to us.

"Thanks your majesty." With me at her side, we all bowed in respect to him. "We will do just that." Ava said.

"Ohoho, no need for such formalities. We owe it to you grately for saving our daughter. Even though the queen believes it is your fault for this soon-to-be war upon    us, I do not. Who knows what could've happened to her if you hadn't come here."

"Mm, yeah..." Ava's face showed signs of uneasiness. So, as a responce, I went behind her, and put my arms lightly around her neck, lightly hugging my fiancee. She flinched a bit at the action, though melted into it by leaning onto my chest. "...Ai, she looked so...helpless when we found her in that cell. If it wasn't for Christopher here, I doubt she'd even be here right now." She continued.

"I thought she would. The girl has never been though anything frightening before...but at least she's safe. That's all that matters. So thank you, princess Ava, and company." King gave us a sincere smile after he spoke. We returned it.

Roselina questioned him, "Oh, speaking of which, where is Princess Ai?"

"RIght now our little Ai is in her room resting, if you wish, after she rests, you could go see her for a while."

"Yes please!" Ava was the first to talk the moment she heard this. "I've been wanting to all day! I'd love the chance to talk with her for a while!"

"Hoho, in that case, by all means. I shall in form you when she gets up."

"Thanks your majesty." Ava giggled, then peered up to my face as I still embraced her, "Heehee, hear that, dear? I finally get the chance to properly introduce you to my best friend!" Then all of a sudden, she went on her tip toes, and loudly remarked, "And who knows, maybe thanks to you saving her, she might want to become your fiancee as well."

"W-What?" What she said to me was true, but honestly, it kind of frightened me a little. "Hahaha, silly. Like that'll ever happen...I already have you, remember dear?" I gave Ava a loving smile. In which she returned with a chuckle.