Lean On Me

Words : 2822

Summary : This life wasn't what you expected, but it wasn't one you'd refuse, either. In fact, it is one you'd fight for.

A/N : The reader is an elemental and have wings just because.
this is.. weird on some degree but I hope y'all would like it still lmao. I cant stop thinking about thena im literally obsessed please helpppp sjhdjehdj

•°•°•°•°•°•

The sky looked like it was burning. Red, even though the sun has long set. The fog was thick, though it was more smoke than you'd like. The world was burning, and you could do nothing but sit around and watch. Humans are complicated beings, they could be so passionate and kind, while the other half could be so wicked and cruel.

Thena walked with soft footsteps to alert you of her presence, sitting down beside you, her shoulder touched yours as she leaned a bit on you. "You okay?" She voiced out her concern, her whisper drowned out by the loud screams and clashes of swords. Turning your head to look at the woman, you shrugged, lips forming into a tight line.

"So much for saving the humans from the deviants," You sighed, and Thena reached out to hold your hand, squeezing them in hope of comforting you. "Here they are, destroying each other." The blonde could only do so much, because she knew the feeling of helplessness. Her feet were itching to run into the field, her hands were restless to hold a sword.

"Well-" She was cut off before she could continue by a loud screech, followed by a roar not long after. The two of you stood up hastily, hands still intertwined as you stared into the distance. Without saying another word, you pulled Thena against your body and she held onto you tightly while a golden wing formed on your back.

You flew towards the sound, seeing the other eternals running about at the scene. Finally, something to take off your mind from its melancholic episode. You and Thena grinned at each other before you let go of your hold, the Goddess of war immediately slashing through a deviant's neck. "Kick ass!" You shouted, flying over to yet another ugly monster.

•°•°•°•°•°•

The night did not end like you expected. In fact, no one could've ever expected it. The news hit your ears but they've barely registered in your brain. There were no more deviants, the last of them are the remains of corpses. But the event that hit you the hardest was Thena, who apparently got a case of the, as Ajak called it, Mahd Wy'ry.

She came too close to ending your life then, because you were too stunned and afraid of ever hurting a hair on her body. Gilgamesh stepped in just in time and you could only stare at the unconscious woman breathlessly.

"Hey." You ran over to Thena's side, who was laid out in the middle of the room. Her eyes opened and you shoulders sagged in relief as they were no longer white. "You're okay." Assuring her, you let her lean on your side as they explained the extent of what happened.

"We could take you to Arishem. To reset your memories." Ajak offered an idea, which a lot of the eternals went against. "She won't be our Thena, anymore." Makkari signed, devastated on the idea of her dearest friend losing her memories.

"I want to remember." The woman on your side spoke for the first time, pulling everyone's eyes to her. They shared unsure glances, and it seemed every single member of your family understood the danger of keeping them. "I'll take care of her." Gilgamesh decided. Mighty and strong as he was, you knew he'd always had a soft spot for her.

With teary eyes, Thena shoot him a grateful nod, before they moved on to you, anticipating your judgement. Sensing your hesitation, she lowered her head and closed her eyes, bracing herself for your disagreement. "She could easily end any one of us, you know that, right?" Kingo stated out the fact, and you squeezed her arm in reassurance. "We'll take that chance."