69

Zena's POV

The portal opened to a snowy landscape. I instinctively hugged myself due to the howling wind and freezing cold- hold up! I stared at my hand and saw it become paler. I looked at the back of my hand before squatting down and touching the snow. I shivered and stood to see the others hugging themselves as well.

"Is this what feeling cold is like?" They turned to stare at me. "I don't like it." My teeth chattered.

"Can be a bit of an inconvenience, right?" Kiki smirked.

"I think we should follow them." Jin pointed at the wolves rummaging through a rack.

They found their coat of choice and wrapped themselves in it. They then sprinted to the gondola lift. We ran in their general direction. We got to the rack and pulled coats off and placed them on. Deji handed me a hat and gloves, which earned her a grateful smile. Ken wrapped a scarf around her neck while earmuffs adorned her head.

We approached an empty gondola lift. It was small, so we had to smush together. The problem was that this lift seemed to be broken. I wiggled myself out the cart and inspected the control panel. I quickly noted that there was a loose wire, so I reattached it. I then pressed the green button before sprinting to the lift. I got in just as it started to move up the mountain.

"Any ideas what this could be?" Hana spoke.

"No clue." Ken responded. "There could be tons of thriller movies about a killer in the mountains. Could even be the abominable snowman." We chuckled at her words.

"I'm ready for this challenge to be over with." I leaned over the railing.

"Aren't a fan of the horror theme?" Jin snickered.

"Not at all." I groaned. "And it's freezing!"

"First time being cold?" Jin smiled while I nodded. "Ya, it can take some getting used to."

"Getting used to what?! It's below freezing." Ken complained.

"Relax Komplaining Ken." Kiki swung an arm around her shoulders. "We need you to become Kalm Ken, so you can figure out this reference. It'll make it much easier to win."

After a few minutes, we reached the destination. We got off the lift and looked at each other since we didn't know what to do next. Deji and Ken walked to a wooden board with different papers pinned to it. I guess they couldn't take the cold anymore since they quickly ran over to us. Apparently, we needed to get to a cabin that was a little hike from here. Kiki and Hana questioned Ken if she figured out the reference, but she was still stumped.

Deji stated the map told us the direction to walk in. Her and Ken led us through the snowy woods. The wind picked up and was howling like crazy. I almost toppled over due to the force of the wind. Jin and Hana helped me hike through the deep snow. Kiki waddled around and almost face planted a few times from the ice.

The snowflakes were sticking to my face as the wind chucked snow in our faces. I quickened my pace when the lone cabin came into view. I had a bad feeling about this, but I desperately needed warmth. The cabin was obscured by barren trees. I involuntarily shivered at the creepy aesthetic. Bridey really out did herself with this one.

Jin and Kiki ran to the door and tried to pry it open, but it wouldn't budge. We debated kicking it in, but the door swung open to reveal-

"Ciao, bellas!" Damiano spread his arms. "Took you long enough."

"Thanks, Damiano." I smiled and walked inside. "Everyone is here?"

"No one knows what to do." I looked to see Cora leaning against the railing on the loft.