131045

Y/N'S POV

I saw Emma setting up the plates in the dining hall. As she heard Isabella's voice, she flinch. Confirmed.

'You're not good at acting, Emma.' I thought.

"Good morning, Emma!" Norman greeted Emma. Norman walked towards Emma and whispered her something. I walked towards them.

"Good morning, Emma, Norman." I said.

"Good morning, Sister." Norman said calmly. He's good at acting.

"G-good morning, monster..." Emma mumbled. Norman looked alarmed.

"Did you say something, Emma?" I asked looking concerned.

"I said Good morning, Sister." she said. I smiled softly.

~After breakfast. In the other room~

I followed them after.

"Listen Emma. We have to behave like we normally do. Yesterday, we broke the roles and went out to the gate. But we didn't find anything." Norman said.

"But Little Bunny..." Emma said.

"Yeah, Mom probably found it. But she doesn't know who left it there. Mom and Y/N was smiling. They doesn't show it on her face at all." Emma said

"And that's what we have to do, too. If our faces show it, Mom will notice. We can't lose. Let's smile." Norman said. Emma pushed herself to smile.

"The delicious feed, the white clothes where dirt can easily stand out, the well-regulated life... This is all to maintain our quality as merchandise. The only thing that we can do is to wait as we are shipped out indiscriminately." Emma said.

"It's not indiscriminately. Remember what the demon said? "Another six-year-old. We've been shipping out normal quality ones." Norman explains.

"What does that mean?" Emma asked.

"Judging from does words, age probably equals the grade of meat. If I remember correctly, the siblings who were shipped out were between six and twelve years old. If being six years old is ranked normal, then the highest quality is..." Norman said pausing.

"Twelve years old..." Emma said.

"But what about our scores? Meat won't taste better even if we get good scores on tests, right?" Emma asked.

"Yeah. It was never announced unless we got full scores, but maybe..." Norman paused. Emma's eyes widen.

"The order of getting shipped out?" Emma asked. Norman nods.

"After we turn six, we get harvested starting from the lower test scores. And when we turn 12, we get shipped out no matter what." Norman explained.

"So we were never shipped out because we have full scores?" Emma asked.

"But I don't understand why it depends on our scores." Norman said.

"Is there meaning for being between the age of six and twelve? The size of our bodies? No. Then it would depends on our weight." Emma said thinking. Norman widen his eyes in realization.

"The size of our brains." Norman said.

"That means..." Emma said.

"The brain probably taste the best, and more developed brain, the better." Norman said.

"Eating...the brain?" Emma said.

"And they don't care how much they risk or spend. That's why were high-quality merchandise. Try to remember, Emma. Conny was shipped out. Before her was Hao. Before him was Sadie. Based on the cycle so far, the next shipment should be in two months from now at the earliest. We need to think of a way for all of us to escape before then." Norman explains. After that they head to the forest.