Prologue - A New Life

Arien's POV

"Here's your order ma'am. Have a nice meal."I told the aged woman and smiled at her. She returned it with a small one and started to eat.

I returned to the counter with a smile and dropped the tray on a stack. Cass looked back at me with her red and fierce eyes. She's wearing contacts, she said.

"Arien, take that order to table 24."she said in a serious tone. I just nodded at her and took another tray with some choco mint cake and a vanilla frappe.

I searched around until my eyes settled on a table for two with a flag where a number 24 was on with two guys sitting across each other.

I walked towards their table, carefully not to spill any of their order on my tray.

"Good afternoon misters. Here's your order."I said with a wide smile. I don't really know if I look nice at that but it seems like the costumers doesn't mind.

I put the tray on the table and transfer their orders there, one of the guys took the vanilla frappe while the other guy pulled the small plate of choco mint cake towards him.

They were both wearing shades as they elegantly sip and eat on their orders.

"Enjoy your snack."I said and was about turn around when one of them spoke.

"How are you, Arien?"the guy who was holding the frappe asked.

"H-How did you know my name?"I asked, hiding the nervousness I'm feeling. I don't really know why though.

He pointed at my uniform and it just dawned to me that my name was carved on my nameplate.

"Of course. Hehe.. Well, I'm doing fine, Mister. You can call me, which is the waiter, if you need anything. Now, will you excuse me.."I answered politely. He just nodded and so I went back to the counter to fetch some more orders.

A lot have changed through out my two years of senior high school. I've become more mature and serious with things that have been happening around me. Nathan and Emilia got married so fast even though they only have dated for a couple of months. Well, I am somewhat glad that they ended up being husband and wife.

And since Emilia is currently pregnant, Cass, who was just a passerby, suddenly volunteered to substitute for her until we could actually find a permanent cashier. Nathan said that he wanted her wife to focus on taking care of their children in the near future.

He's very advanced. Seriously.

And he also accepted Cass as a temporary staff since she's very fast at working. And she also stated that he could change her at anytime if Nathan finally found someone permanent for the job.

And Cass is already working here in the cafe for two months. I don't really know if she have a job or studying. She looks young and beautiful. Sometimes she will take a day off but that's fine because it just rarely happens and I can do both being a cashier and a waitress thankfully.

I dropped the tray again on the stack on top of the counter when my phone rang. I took it from the pocket of my apron and saw the caller's ID. I smiled and answered it.

"Hey Reina! I was actually waiting for your call."I said.

"Oh yeah. Well, I'm on the way to Ace Garden like what we planned to. You coming?"she asked. I covered the speaker of my phone first and turned to Cass.

"Can I leave? I just want to meet my friends.."I asked her. She held a small smile before nodding. I mumbled a 'thank you' before uncovering my phone.

"Yes of course. I'll be off to go. I just finished working."I said and went to the locker room to change.

"See yah there girl. Bye."she said.

"Yeah, yeah. Bye."I hang up.

After I changed into my casual clothes, I took my small backpack and exited the locker room.

"I'll be off Cass. See you tomorrow!"and I rushed to the glass door of the cafe and went out. I stopped a taxi and told the driver to drop me off at Ace Garden.

-

"Reina! Klarissa!"I shouted their names as I run towards them.

They both turned to me and they smiled. They were standing on the small stone bridge which was sitting over a pond.

We all hugged each other when I reached them.

"How are you guys? It's been days since the last time I saw you."I said. Reina smiled.

"My family and I celebrated that I finally graduated. We stayed at a resort for a week."she answered.

"Yeah. Us too. We visited our family in the other city since it's already summer."Klarissa seconded.

"What about you, Arien? Haven't you celebrated graduating from senior high?"Reina asked.

"Well, we all had a nice dinner at graduation night but that's all. Aunt gave me a gift and that's also enough for me."I answered them. They just nodded for understanding.

We all stared down at the pond where colorful fishes are swimming around.

"I wish Poly was here."Reina spoke. I smiled sadly.

"I know right. Even though she was a nerd and very weird, she's adorable in her own ways and I like it."Klarissa said.

"I agree with you."I replied.

A year before, when it was the end of our first year in senior year, she bid goodbye, telling us that her parents told her to join them out of the country. And so we didn't stop her. It was her parents, we have no rights to hold onto her since we were just her friends. Even though we've been friends for just a year, she made a lot of good deeds to me, for letting me stay in her apartment.

And now, I'm living there alone.

"When are you going to college, Arien?" Reina asked.

"Well, I would like to start this year since I already filled up the entrance exam and just waiting for the results to come out. I hope I'll pass."I answered. She patted my shoulder.

"You will."And we both smiled at each other before she turned to Klarissa.

"How about you Klars? Are you going to college this year?"

"Yeah. And my family are planning to move to another city where we originally came from."she said sadly.

Another one will leave...

Well, that's how life works. Someone leaves, and someone will come. And the process repeats. You just have to live with it.

And for me, this will be a start of a new life.

~~~

A/N

Yey! Book 2 is here!!