CHAPTER THREE

TOY BOX

KOA

ONE WEEK LATER

(*In Japanese.)

Open

"What do you need from me Keamon?"I asked annoyed.

"Koa, I know you don't like people stopping by unannounced but a proper greeting would still be nice."He stood in my doorway with a grin and ran his fingers over his sleek ink black hair that he had pulled into a lower ponytail.

"..." I waited for him to continue with a reason for being here.

"Are you gonna let me in or not?"He asked.

"If you're here to talk business Keamon, I've told everyone repeatedly that I don't do that in my home. Especially when my family is here."I explained crossing my arms over my black silk robe. I wanted to get back in bed with them and hold them tight.

"Business? This is anything but."He chuckled waving his hand and I eventually let him in and ordered some tea for the both of us.

"So? Someone up and die or something?"I leaned back, pulled my long high ponytail out from behind, and crossed my legs.

"No.""He chuckled out once and shook his head in amusement.

(*In English)

"Keamon?"I swiftly looked up and saw Dahliah standing with Koda at the entrance of the living room.

"おじさん!"Koda shouted and ran over to his uncle. He quickly picked him up with joy and sat him on his lap.

"Hey Keamon, I haven't seen you since the party. How are you? How's Nana?"She asked while taking a seat next to me.

"I'm doing just fine and Nana is doing well."He grinned. I rolled my eyes.

"Speaking of Nana, that's what I'm here to talk about."He sat my son down

"Oh?"

"I wanted to invite you all to come to one of the family ski resorts to celebrate our engagement."He smiled.

"Ski resort? I heard in Japan there are amazing ski resorts. It'll be like a family trip."Dahliah suggested and Koda jumped in his seat at the idea.

"I wanna go ski!"Takoda jumped. I turned to Keamon.

"Didn't you just have a party?"I asked.

(*In Japanese)

"Come on big brother, when has a Hebi celebration ever been just one little party?"He asked with a smirk.

"...Hmph."

"Well if you don't wanna go Koa that's fine. I'll just take Dahliah and Takoda."He motioned with his hand.

"No way. If they're going, I'm going."I said sternly.

(*In English)

"Then it looks like we're all going to the ski resort."Dahliah smiled and Takoda cheered. I released what I had said and facepalmed myself.

"You all are gonna love it there. I'll see you soon then."With that, he was out the door and I was left with was Koda's joyful cheering.

*
*
*

DAHLIAH

THE NEXT DAY

Vrrr vrrr vrrr