Chapter 24 | Forever

"And- and then she jumped onto the counter and danced around! HA!" Miss Aveen laughed hysterically with a few snorts here and there. Everyone at the dining table joined in with her enthusiasm while Lorelei slipped deeper into the chair in pure embarrassment.

It was a gray morning, where the sun still shines but in hiding. However that never stopped anyone from enjoying the day to its fullest. It just required more motivation.

Everyone was at the bookstore, being fed to death by Miss Aveen and listening to the many childhood stories she tells of Lorelei during her younger years. She was currently reminiscing on the moments when little Lorelei read Alice in Wonderland and would act it out as if she was a character as well. She practically bounced off the walls.

"And every time the entrance bell rang, she would sprint to my side and hide." The image of a little girl she adored hiding behind her dress replayed in her mind.

Cecily shoved another cookie into her mouth, although courteous since Miss Aveen and Luca were present.

Lorelei covered her face with her hands, "Miss Aveen, why must you share those embarrassing tales?" She groaned in a muffled voice.

Phillip smiled and placed his hand on her shoulder to pull her closer to him. Grinning ear to ear. "My Lori, don't be upset, personally I find the tales endearing." He stared at her with such awe.

The entire group groaned at his cliche affection towards Lorelei.

"Ughhhhh. Do you wish for me to gag?" Cecily complained while Hastings nodded his head quickly.

Phillip laughed and held onto Lorelei tighter, "Cecily, are you jealous that I'm showing my affections to Lorelei instead of you, your majesty?"

"Ha! Don't make me laugh! The only person I want affection from is L-" she bit down on her tongue before continuing her sentence, forgetting for a split second who was at the table as well.

Hastings had his eyes wide, his head slowly rotated towards Luca who seemed to be confused and slightly envious. Unaware of her admiration for her knight.

Luca never spoke much in the group, just a few single word answers and mumbled sentences. Though it was never a bother for the group. Lorelei frankly felt comfortable around someone who balanced out the personalities of Hastings Cecily. There was nothing wrong with their demeanor but she felt that she wouldn't be able to handle another bubbly person.

Lorelei figured out recently of Cecily's infatuation with Luca. She needed someone to talk to and Lori was there to listen.

Miss Aveen spoke, "Would you like more sweets my darlings?"

"I would love to stay and listen to more stories of Lori, however the sun is setting. We shall return another day." Phillip said as he reached for an embrace. Which Miss Aveen gladly accepted.

The whole lot shared a separate embrace with the bookstore owner and bid their goodbyes.

As the group began their way to the palace, Phillip stopped, "I will walk Lorelei home." He grabbed onto her hand slowly.

"Alright, just don't get lost. You are a little important to the people in case you were unaware." Hastings yelled back a response as he walked away with a backwards wave. Cecily hugged Lorelei before following along and Luca gave a slight bow.

Once the three were out of sight, Lorelei faced Phillip, "You don't have to, I will take you a while to head back to the palace."

"Nothing in this world could ever hinder me if it involved you." He kissed the back of her hand as he stared into her eyes. Smiling as his lips connected to her skin.