one

you laid back on the blanket lazily thrown down on the sand under you, staring at the ocean beyond you, spacing out. it was dark, and you had just arrived in the uk two days ago to move in with your longtime friend, george.

"hello? y/n?" said friend called out, leaning down and waving a hand in your face.

"hm?" you asked, snapping back to reality and looking up at him.

"some of the mates arrived and brought drinks, you want anything while we wait for the others?"

"uh, yeah, i'll get a wine cooler if they have any. whichever flavour is fine. if not, i'll get a... beer." you said, giving him a small smile. he gave you a nod before running over to a small group of friends at the bonfire a couple yards behind you. you glanced at everyone, seeing a couple familiar faces, the rest unknown.

you looked back at the ocean in front of you, sighing. you felt so ecstatic about being in london to live with george, and it wasn't like he was the only friend you had in the country, of course.

it was just... there was something that still bothered you, you just can't put a finger on it. you felt empty, in a way. to describe it, you'd probably have to be almost black out drunk to where your most sober thoughts come out of hiding.

you laid down all the way, staring up at the cloudy sky. you were warned about the uk's constant shitty weather, so you weren't surprised about not seeing any stars, but there was something soothing about the mundane sky that made you smile a little. it's the small things that matter.

"lucky for you, they did have wine coolers." george chuckled, running up to you and holding the bottle by its neck above your head.

you tried reading his expression as you slowly reached up for the bottle. both of you knew you weren't really into beer. the bitter taste made you scrunch your face often, but you didn't mind the bitterness from the random small sips you'd take every now and then if a beer was in your grasp. you watched george look over his shoulder, eyes widening as he smiled back down at you.

"the person i wanted you to meet finally arrived." he said, reaching out a hand. "get up, y/n, first impressions matter."

you rolled your eyes at the last statement, grabbing his hand and getting up from the beach. you dusted yourself as george went to fetch the guy he had been telling you about. tall, brunette, nice deep voice was what you were told about him. seemingly your type, you agreed to meet him with the promise that the guy was most definitely not ugly.

by the time you finished slapping as much sand as you could off of yourself and looked up, george and the guy were only a couple paces in front of you.

you and the guy made eye contact, both widening your eyes. your mouth gaped a bit as he halted mid-walk, confusing george. he furrowed his eyebrows.

"do you two know each other?" he asked.

"no." you and the guy said in unison.

"uhm, okay..." he brushed off his confusion. "anyways, y/n, this is wil gold, sometimes referred to as wilbur. wil, y/n."

"nice to meet you, m'lady." wil said, winking at you. george was luckily facing you, so he hadn't seen the flirty gesture.

your legs felt weak from the wink and hearing will's soothing, familiar voice. "nice to meet you, too." you smiled at him, trying your best to keep your composure.

"i'll leave you two alone." george said, walking away.

"funny seeing you here, ms. sextape. i didn't think you'd be the woman george kept telling me about. he said we'd get along great, and based on the events of our last encounter, i'd have to agree." he gave a daring smile, sitting down on the blanket you had put down, his legs bent in front of him and arms resting on his knees, holding a now-revealed bottle of beer between his legs with both hands. he looked up at you, chuckling softly at your obvious shock. "well, go on now, ms. sextape. take a seat, won't you? we wouldn't want to disappoint our buddy george, now, would we? let's continue getting along as if this were our first time meeting each other."

"so you do remember me." you said, ignoring the last part, taking a seat next to him.

"how could i forget." he asked, deciding to follow along with your curiosity, making eye contact with you, making you blush. "i'm surprised you didn't forget about me."

"you're not easy to forget." you glanced at his lips.

"i'm glad we're on the same page." he smirked lightly, noticing where you were looking. "to being friends?" he asked, bringing his bottle of beer up in the air.

"yeah, friends." you hesitantly nodded, clunking your wine cooler against his beer before the both of you took a sip of your beverages.

"welcome to london. if i'm around, i'm sure you'll love your stay."

-

new book? :)
866 words
220106