𝐕𝐈𝐈 | Baby

— — —

Willow loved Halloween.
She also loved Christmas, Easter, New Years Eve, and any other holiday on the calendar. It wasn't the celebrating or the food that made holidays so special to her, but the decorations. She loved seeing everyone's different types of artefacts that they'd collected over the years. Willow would count how many different Santa gnomes her neighbours could scavenge, or see how many shops advertised Easter eggs.

At Halloween, it was Willow's favourite thing to see everyone's costumes. This probably started when her dads first adopted her. Their first holiday together was Halloween, where they'd dressed up as the flint stones. And even though Willow wouldn't stop itching her red wig every second, she still couldn't help but love it the most.

And maybe all this was because she relied on seeing things. Willow couldn't hear Christmas carols or the Scary movie theme tunes, but she loved to look and enjoy the decorations. Glass half full, y'know?

— — —

Peter sat on the chair placed by the side of Willow's mirror. His hands fidgeted as he waited for Willow to emerge from the bathroom. He looked to his side and saw his reflection. Pitiful. He'd think.

Elliot had invited Willow to a party. His party. And of course with it being Halloween, everyone had to dress up. Willow asked Peter and Ned to tag along with her since she would probably left stranded if they didn't come; Elliot was a good friend, but she didn't expect him to stay with her the whole night.

"I can't find any other glasses than these," Willow said as she walked back into the room, a pair of round glasses in one hand and a small make up bag in the other.

Peter watched in awe as she strode across her bedroom. Willow decided to go as Baby from dirty dancing, which was purely decided so that she could wear her grandma's old prom dress that was conveniently identical to the white dress from the movie. The dress hung just above her knees, and the layers swung as she walked. She'd curled her hair and pinned some pieces back. Peter thought she looked stunning. He just didn't have the guts to say it.

She walked over to Peter and showed him the glasses. "They were my Papa's. I'm pretty sure they're fake."

"They look fine, thanks," Peter smiled up at Willow. The only reason Peter agreed to go to the party was to A. Get closer to Willow, and B. Make sure they all avoided Elliot. But that meant a last minute costume: Harry Potter. He had the white shirt and red tie, black trousers and his Uncles old jacket. There was bound to be at least seven other Harry Potters at the party, but he was not turning up the spider costume, as Ned suggested.

"So all you need is the scar doing?" Willow asked as she unzipped her makeup bag. Peter nodded a yes, watching as she searched through her items. She pulled out a small brush and a pallet of different shades of brown. Willow stood by Peter and lifted his head of hair up to expose his forehead, which he had suddenly become self aware of. "Where's your wand?"

"I- um," Peter stammered. He hated how dirty his mind could be. "Pardon?"

"Your wand, Mr Potter?" Willow repeated, dabbing the tip of the brush onto his forehead. She traced the famous lightning bolt with ease.

"Oh, I don't have one. I figured I'd lose it anyway at the party," Peter said. He felt his cheeks burn with pink as Willow moved between his legs. She placed on hand on his shoulder and she continued to apply makeup onto Peter's forehead.

"That's true," Willow laughed. "Look at me."

Willow placed her finger under his chin and lifted it up. Her free hand moved his hair out of the way gently. Peter watched as her eyes scanned over his forehead. Mesmerising wasn't a strong enough word to describe how he felt about Willow's eyes. Describing them was completely out of the question, so he simply gazed at them instead.

"Very charming," Willow smiled, and Peter could have sworn that a blush settled on her cheeks.

There was a knock at the door before it opened. Chris leant his weight against the door, not wanted to, and hoping not to, intrude on his daughter and her friend. Chris had always wanted Peter and Willow together. It was completely obvious from day one that Peter was infatuated with her. Chris and May would talk about it every time they saw each other.

"Hey sweetie, just wondering what time you wanted dropping off?" Chris asked, his eyes flicking between his daughter's and Peter's.

"We're ready now, if that's okay?" Willow asked. Chris nodded and left the room. Peter stood up, almost knocking Willow over in the process. They laughed it off and grabbed their jackets, well, cloak.

"Come on, Baby," Peter said. His eyes immediately widened and his stomached dropped. "No I wasn't calling you baby as a pet name. I meant cause- you're Halloween charac- outfit is Baby from dirty-"

Willow's laugh cut him off. Peter never dared to talk over her laugh, since he thought it was the most beautiful thing a person could be so privileged to hear. Willow took Peter's arm in his and led him to the door.

"I know, Pete."

Liked by elliotjames_b, n3dinthechair, and 187 others Willow

Willow.Marsden05  tonight, the time of my life

View all 34 comments

{𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨, 𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺.}

{𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦.}

- ꪀ. ᥊᥊