Chapter 2

*Yesterday*

Aldryx's pov

Before we went to the arcade, I got a text message from Agoti saying he was bored and wanted to make things up between Tabi and me. We reach the studio as I got out of the car while Tabi waited in the car. I entered the studio and found him seated on the couch, looking down at his phone, "Hey, you ready? Tabi's waiting for us in the car", I said. Agoti turned to look at me and asked, "Have you told him about Ashira's homecoming?". I sighed and shook my head, "Not yet but I will tomorrow, I promise." "You said the same thing yesterday and yesterday, when are you gonna tell him?", he groaned as I sighed, "Just not today, Agoti... I don't think he's in the good mood now, we were just talking about Ashira and he's already feeling regretful. C'mon, let's not keep Tabi waiting for us too long, we'll talk about this once we're alone at the arcade," I said as he mumbled and got off from the couch, following me back to the car. Tabi noticed them coming back to the car as they got in, "What took you so long? I've been cooking like a bacon in here", Tabi said as I chuckled, nervously, "Yeah, sorry for making you wait for us, just personal issues that need to settle."

*Next Day*

Tabi's POV

"Heyyy.. Tabi, there's something I need to talk to you about," Aldryx leaned to the couch on his back as I glanced at him, "Okay, what is it?," I respond. "About Ashira..., um well, she's coming home and I and Agoti already planned her homecoming and we wanted to ask you if you were interested in joining us at the airport... what do you think?", he asked, to be honest, I haven't seen her in ages and I've already grown tired of waiting for her to come back, I couldn't care any less about her either way and I'm not ready to see her after 3 years. Wait a minute;- "Wait, hold the fuck up! How'd you know she's coming home?," I asked out of curiosity. "Long story short, Agoti managed to find her through social media, and uh yeah, we been texting each other for like two years before Agoti went missing? Sooo, Ashira said she's coming back here as her vacation break from work and that's how we know", he chuckled nervously as I frowned, "You know where she was this whole time and didn't bother telling me? Not even letting me talk to her?", I said in desolation. Aldryx looked at me and said, "Hey, you said it yourself, you didn't want to hear a word about her as we agreed three years ago so we thought it'd be best to keep it a secret although I know you still can't get over her," he explained as I sighed in disbelief, turning back to the show, "I'll think about it...". "Alright, just let me know okay?," he said as I nodded, continued to watch the show while he walked to the kitchen. It was never easy for me to just forget her. Ashira was so close to me, despite our age difference. It's like she is my idol, a role model, a friend that everyone needs in their life. The four of us were best friends, hell, the craziest and weirdest friend group. It hurts us when she suddenly cut us off like that with no explanation or reasons, not a single word coming from her ever since. Makes me wonder if it was my fault that she acted this way or she just couldn't keep our promise.

Years passed by, I moved on and I was already happy, being in a relationship with Girlfriend. She helps me forget about Ashira, but I never expected that this whole time, she was only using me for fame. After a few months of dating and being in a relationship with her, it felt like real genuine love at first because I truly love Girlfriend until I met her asshole dad. In the end, I learned that friends are temporary and we each went down our paths but there's part of me wishing she still remembers me and that one day she would return. Aldryx sighed as he sat down, facing right next to me, "Tabi, I know you're still having a hard time, deciding whether you want to see her or not but think about it.. maybe if you give her a chance to explain, there's still a chance she might.. never leave again, if that's what you wanted, right?". I looked at him and turn away, "I wish...". We stayed quiet for few minutes as I sighed out and said, "Okay, I'm joining." He looked at me with surprise, "Oh r-really?! That's great! I'll let Agoti know the good news!", he said. I can't turn them down, both of them were so joyous for her return, plus I can't stay mad at her forever. Maybe I should give her a chance to speak what she has to say for herself. "By the way, I was gonna ask how did Agoti manage to find her on social media? Did she create her account? I thought she said she never wanted to have an account since she said she's afraid of getting judged by people, you know... Body Dysmorphia", I asked as he looked up to me from his phone, "Yeah about that, I assumed she did create her account once she finally start working on her career. And you know Agoti, he's pretty good at tracking anyone", he chuckled. "It better be the real Ashira and not some pedophile dude," I said, rolling my eyes. He laughed while smirking as he pats my back, "We'll see about that once we reach the airport."