Chapter 5

Junhoe's POV

"He's a what?"

"Half vampire. So you can shut up about me dating a human." I told Hanbin annoyed as we were walking around the campus.

"What do you mean 'half vampire'? How?"

"I don't know. It's not like I asked him." I rolled my eyes.
"I didn't notice it at all until I saw his fangs. I assume his human genes are more dominant because he's pretty much a regular person. But he still has a vampire part to him."

"Fuck... Does he know?"

"It doesn't seem like it. He said his parents divorced when he was younger." I sighed softly.

"So his dad..."

"Probably." I shrugged.

"Damn... well, maybe your dad won't kill you after all."

"I told you." I gave him a look. "Now... I just need to think about what to do. Obviously, he needs to find out alone. But he won't tell me.

And I want him to know he doesn't need to worry about me knowing because I already know."

"What about the fact you're one yourself?"

"It depends. Once he'll realize what he is I guess I'd tell him."

I stopped walking when I noticed Jinhwan sitting on a bench together with his friends I guess.
He was munching on... red gummies?

"Jay, get your own." One of his friends whined.

"I can't, I'm nervous, I have to eat something," Jinhwan complained.

"Nervous about what?"

He jumped as he heard my voice. "Junhoe..."

"Didn't expect me?" I asked, smiling softly.

His friends looked at me, and one of them took the gummies from Jinhwan, closing the bottle. "Should we leave you...? Or..."

"No, no... Please don't..."

"I'm pretty sure I'm not that scary," I noted.

"You're a jerk," Hanbin noted and I gave him a look.

"Is everything okay?"

"No. Yes. I... It's just the work I have to complete for the classes. I'll be fine." Jinhwan sighed deeply.

"I can help if you want to." I hummed, looking better at the bottle his friend was holding.

"Literature isn't the only class I take..."

"I'll gladly help you with other classes too." I smiled, paying my attention back to Jinhwan.

I recognize this bottle. I also had one like this a few years ago. I don't take them as often anymore though.

Now I have two questions.
One - why Jinhwan's friend has one.

Two - why Jinhwan is eating it.

I guess it tastes okay to him, but it doesn't explain how he got it.
I looked at his friend who instantly ignored me, talking with the closest guy to him.

Jinhwan looked at me. "It's fine really..."

"Now you're being cruel to me. I just want to help." I said as I gently started brushing his hair.

"Don't worry..." He did his best to smile softly. "You have your own classes to worry about. Are we... Are we still going on that second date...?"

"Of course we are." I smiled. "I want to take you to a restaurant I really like."