Chapter 2

My Mom gave me a look full of pity. "Yes honey. It's true."

I stared at her in shock. "What?! But what about my friends?! You can't just turn my life upside down without even asking me if I want that to happen!"
"Of course we can, we are your parents!"
Now even Dad stepped in.

The Chauffeuer-Guy, who just watched the whole conversation silently, now said: "Well, you dicuss that yourself, I'm gonna head out. I will pick Skylar up tomorrow at 10am. Be ready, we can't be late." And with that, he left.

I din't want to talk to my parents. I just ran of to the room.

I slammed my door shut and threw myself onto my bed. I didn't know what to do.
Maybe I should call Sophie. She's my best friend, to be fair...
I thought about it for a while, and in the end, I actually decided to call her.
She immediately picked up. "Hel-"
I interrupted her: "Sophie, you got to help me!"

I explained the whole situation to her, Sophie just listening quietly.
"All right, all right, calm down. I don't get it: your parents want to do what?"
Sighing, I said: "Are you free right now? I need you..."

Eight minutes later, I was sitting on 'our' bench in the park, patiently waiting for Sophie to arrive.
As soon as she came, she hugged me, without saying anything. Maybe that was what I needed right there, right then.

"Sophie, stop it. You're crushing me to death!"
I wasn't the type of girl to show many emotions, more like the quiet one in the back.

"Sorry", she said while slightly chuckling. "So what's the problem, Snickers?"
I didn't even roll my eyes at the stupid nickname she gave me in primary school.

"I'll miss you, Toffee."

She groaned in annoyance. "Stop being so depressive. You'll find new friends there, as well. Don't waste your time on missing us, be happy that you're so lucky and get to go to a private academy!"

"What about, won't you miss me? I'm hurt!"
"Of course I'll miss you, my favorite Snickers. But we can call every day, and even if there's no Internet, we can still do it old-school and write letters!", she shouted, punching the air with her fist.
I was happy that she was cheering me up even though it wasn't really working. But I was not going to tell her that.

"I'm so thankful you're my friend." She smiled weekly." I love you, too."

"I'll see you when I get back."