The Fool 1

The cards are inaccurate. They are the devils toys. They are the work of evil it self. That's what they all say but the truth is of what fate brings us. No one can predict or forsee a life. That's how it is. However, if fate is what brought us, then why do they give the means to enlighten us on others? The world is mysterious. They give life but also provide the properties for us to destroy life. With that ideology, then my clam of these inaccurate or devilish cards could be the same. We cannot forsee the future physically but we can spiritually. I wish everyone one can understand that. But my head lays on a chopping block as soon as I state of these Tarot cards.
                                   ...

The somewhat cold sun radiates through the iron bars on to my body as I await in chains by the guards. In this dungeon I await my punishment by the King of Agrad himself. I would feel other wise delighted if it wasn't for these pesky chains.

"Now I shall give you your statement while you are in this hold."

"You mean I get a contract?"

"Quiet you simpleton. No it is not a contract, it is to say what you shall do in your period here before you meet his majesty."

"Sounds so formal. But won't I just stay here and wait?"

"I said be quiet."

I closed my mouth with frustration.

"Now then. You are instructed to stay concluded inside this cell until the court is appointed. While waiting, you shall not be given any freedom to the outside' you may be given food and water for the mornings and for the afternoons, you are only obligated towards this cell alone, for needing the restrooms there will be a guard patrolling the hall for you to ask to, No existential form of pleasantries, no conflict to-"

"By the gods can you be any more dull? I understand and agree now can I be in peace?"

The guard gives a stirn expression before exiting the cell and locking the door.
I sigh with relieve. The guard was getting on my nerves. Who could stan someone like that? I don't think he even noticed the stain he has on his chainmail sleeve. Besides that though, these chains look awfully rusty, if I stay in these for a while my hands may become infected. If that's the case then I will be even worse then that stain! I can't let that happen.

I break off the rope that dwindles my ragged wraps and lick the edge of it to make a fine point. With a quick rush with my other hand, I swiftly jab under the chains and pull to have the rope lodge between my wrist and the chain. I proceed to circle my entire wrist with the rope, making the chain looser. Bearing the pain of the rope rubbing on my skin, I loosen it to the point I could easily put a finger between there. Doing exactly that, I then dreadfully dragged my hand out of the chains with my finger. It finally slipped out and at once, I finally I have a free hand.
"Finally. Now I can get out of here." I say.

"You what?"

The voice of a deep man. It wasn't the guard that's for sure but it can't be the king either because he should still be preparing for the court. Without hesitation, I quickly placed my hands. Behind my back and scooted to the wall behind me. The loud footsteps echoed closer with each stomp portraying more strength then the last. He then stomped to the cell door that separates us.

"Now what did you say?"

What showed was a tall man with black scrubby hair who had a large stomach. Covering him was a fine suit of which looks like it was made by the fur of a albino soulmerth. It sells for quite a high price even if on discount.

"Sorry sir. I was speaking aloud about my predicament."

Such a feeble excuse for such a desperate time. His eyebrows go up showing a expression of being suspicious. His fat on his chin making his cheeks look puffy makes his whole face look flaccid.

"Well do you not like your cell? Do you need to be in a different one?"

"The guard said I couldn't leave to any other cell."

"Hmph."

"..."

"Well any way, I'm here to take an account over you. For the court I mean."

He takes a pen from his back pocket and a little notebook as well.

"So tell me, what is your first and last name?"

"..."

"I said, what is your first and last name?"
He said more loudly.

"It's Dravis. Dravis Stoundly."

"Stoundly?"

"Yes."

"Hmm. You are human correct? Your last name is of elvish dissent. "

"Yes I am indeed a human. My last name was given from my great grandfather. He died during the war of knights."

"Interesting; so your grandfather was human?"

"Correct."

"Very well. What is your age?"

"I'm 17."

"Good heavens! So young! What in the devil did you do to get in here? Wait never mind, I wish to not know."

God I just want to leave. I'm going to soon enough but this man is painstakingly annoying.

"Alright that should be it for right now. The court awaits you in 1 hour."

"What?! Why so quick?!"

"That I do not know. The king is the one who orders those kind of things."

1 hour... that's all I have to even think of a way out. But what in the devil does the King want with me that needs me to arrive so quick? My crime wasn't that big...

"Well then I shall head off. Do keep a good word for me when you speak to his majesty."

"Yeah yeah..."

He walks off, dragging his steps which led to the sounds of squeaking. God I just want to punch him! I bet it won't even hurt because of all his fat he has!
I sigh and rub my hair. Its brown hue radiates the smell of a queens perfume. Its wavy appearance sink to my neck which I brush off.
Damn it. My escape plan for being in here was a waste of time. The moment I escape the cell and my chains I wouldn't know were to go. I wish I had my cards with me.

What a pain.