3 | 彼女は誰ですか?

WITH A MUFFLED CURSE, Taehyung caught Jennie 's head as it fell forward. He quickly pulled her from the chair and cradled her in his arms. She was clearly exhausted and probably hungry to boot if her thinness was any indication.

"I'll put her in my room," he said as he walked toward the hall.

"Jimin and I'll go look for her car," Jungkook said.

He placed her on the bed and pulled back the covers. She moaned softly, an expression of pain crossing her face, but she didn't open her eyes.

A pulse beat in his temple and he gritted his teeth. She was running from something. Or someone. She was skittish as a newborn colt, and she had so many secrets in her eyes it was hard to tell the color at times.

The bruise on her ribs bothered him. It could be from a fall, but he doubted it. It didn't look recent.

He fingered a strand of her hair, noticing the unevenness of the color. He'd bet money she was a brunette.

The same color as the curls between her legs.

With tenderness he hadn't displayed in a long time, he tucked the covers around her neck and walked quietly out.

He needed a cold shower to calm his raging hard-on, but he opted to walk out into the cold and wait for jungkook and jimin to return.

A half hour later, they drove up in the Land Rover. Taehyung walked to meet them. "What did you find?"

"Nothing," Jungkook replied.

Taehyung raised a brow. So the angel had lied. Was she not thinking clearly or had she honestly not thought they would find out?

"How is she?" Jiminasked.

"Sleeping," he replied. "She needs to eat."

Jungkook looked troubled. A feeling Taehyung could relate to. That they had found their woman was nothing short of amazing. But it appeared she came with trouble.

Jimin shifted uncomfortably. "I never thought we'd find her. And now that we have, all I can think about is what if she doesn't want to stay? I felt it too. I know she's the one. Pop always said we'd know, but I thought it was bullshit until now."

"I know," Jungkook said quietly. "I felt it too."

"She's hiding something," Taehyung said. "She has a bruise the size of my fist on her ribcage, and I don't like to imagine how it got there. And she's not a natural blonde. She did a poor job dying it. A sign she was probably in a hurry."

"You think someone's after her?" Jungkook demanded, his face darkening.

Jimin clenched his fists. "Who could want to hurt such a little thing?"

"I don't know, but one thing's for damn certain. We can't let her leave no matter what we have to do," Taehyung said grimly.

"Who's going to approach her first?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung paused. "I will," he finally said. "It's the way it's done. It's my responsibility. You two will help by making her feel as comfortable as possible. We're going to have to ease into this or I'm afraid she might bolt."

"Go easy with her, tae," Jungkook warned.

He glared at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Jungkook didn't back down. "You know exactly what I mean. You dominate. It's your nature. You're going to have to curb that with her. I don't think she's going to offer her trust on a silver platter."