7 | 夫の

HER HAND FLUTTERED to her throat, a defensive gesture. Panic flared across her face, quickly running out of control.

"He's the man you're running from," Jimin said, his face stony.

"He's the man who put the fear in your eyes," Taehyung added, tilting her chin up once more.

She closed her eyes and nodded.

Relief poured over Taehyung. Jungkook's hands once again smoothed over Jennie's shoulders. This was something they could deal with. She would simply divorce the bastard.

"You're not going back to him," Taehyung said simply. "You'll never go back to him."

"You don't understand," she whispered. "He'll never let me go." Tears sparkled in her cinnamon eyes.

"He doesn't have a choice," Jungkook muttered.

"He'll hurt you, just like..."
Her voice trailed off but Taehyung understood what she had left unsaid. He'll hurt you, just like he hurt me. He had never dealt with such rage as what built within him. It swirled like an out of control storm.

She cleared her throat and continued on. "He's a very powerful man. He'll kill you. All three of you. Murder means nothing to him. I can't let him do that."

"And you think you going back to him is the answer?" Jimin asked incredulously.

She shook her head. "No, I'll never go back to him. Not willingly. But I also can't stay here. If he doesn't know I'm here, if I'm somewhere else, he can't very well hurt any of you."

A smile tugged at the corners of Taehyung's mouth. The little spitfire was trying to protect them. He felt a surge of pride. Their mate was proving very worthy indeed.

"I realize you've only known us a short time, baby, but you're going to have to learn to trust your husbands," Taehyung said.

Her eyes flew open even wider. "But you're not my husbands! Weren't you listening? I'm already married."

"A mere technicality," he said calmly. "One we intend to rectify as soon as possible."

She made a sound of frustration. "Did you hear anything I said?"

He smiled. "We heard everything, but your concern is unfounded. We can take care of ourselves, but more than that, we can take care of you."

Her hand fell, a helpless gesture that stated she was at a complete loss as to what to do or say. They were pressing too hard, something they couldn't afford to do if they didn't want to lose her.

"Come into the kitchen. Let us fix you some breakfast," Taehyung said, changing the topic to something neutral. Safe.

He saw the relief in her eyes. She nodded.

"I'll be there in a minute," she said, her voice husky.

Taehyung got up and motioned for his brothers to follow him. A few seconds later, Jennie was alone in the big bedroom, her senses reeling from what she had just experienced.

They wanted her. All of them. And damn it, she wanted them too. She desperately wanted to see where this whole bizarre episode would take them. But there were several problems with doing that.

One, kai would find her if she stayed here. She knew that just as well as she knew he would step on anyone who got in his way.

Two, her longing to be cherished, protected, was what got her into her present mess, and here she was falling under the spell of three gorgeous cowboys. She had to quit looking to others for her happiness.