11 | スモールトーク

SHE REACHED FOR the towel, not liking the fact she stood naked before him.

He probed her with his stare for a second then let her have the towel back.

“I’ll be in the living room if you want to join me,” he said as he walked out of the bathroom.

She took her time, her mind a mass of confusion. She was seriously deluding herself if she thought it would be as easy as setting up a new life here with the three brothers.

She knew nothing about them, had no idea what she would do here, and there was the little matter of her marriage to a vile, sadistic monster.

Oh, he hadn’t shown himself for the asshole he was until their wedding night. She’d been starry-eyed and all agog that he had chosen her to be his wife. She’d quickly learned that behind his charming exterior lurked a controlling, abusive man.

Would things have been different if she hadn’t witnessed him killing a man in cold blood on the day of their wedding? Probably not, after all, he’d had no difficulty raising a hand to her. No regret, no emotion had crossed his face as she’d laid there crying.

She shuddered and shook her head to rid herself of the memory. Never again would she put herself in such a position. If she remained here, it would be because she wanted to, not because Taehyung dictated it.

If she remained here. Was she contemplating? Really?

“You’re out of your mind,” she muttered to her reflection in the mirror.
You want them as much as they want you. Maybe more

Her nipples puckered as she imagined them making love to her. She felt an unbearable tightening in her groin. It spread throughout her pelvis, and her clit pulsed in reaction.

She may be a virgin, but she wasn’t an idiot. She was as horny as a priest in the Playboy Mansion.

Rolling her eyes heavenward, she dressed and slipped out of the bathroom. She meandered down the hall and, for the first time since her arrival, took stock of her surroundings.

The cabin exuded masculinity. All the rooms were sparsely decorated in earth tones. The living room was dominated by the stone fireplace, and the glow spread warmth over the rustic wood floors. It was, she imagined, just as a cabin may have looked a hundred years ago.

Jungkook sat at a desk several feet from the fireplace. He was concentrating on a computer screen and occasionally tapping on the keyboard. Did they have internet access here in the middle of nowhere?

She looked around for the others, but the house was silent. Taking a deep breath, she crossed the room until she stood behind him.

“Jungkook?” she asked, damning how quivery her voice came out.

He swiveled around in his chair and looked inquisitively at her.
“Can I ask you some questions?”

“Of course,” he replied.
He stood up and tucked her hand in his then pulled her over to the couch.

“Let’s get comfortable.”
She sank down beside him, careful to keep a safe distance from him. One touch from him and she was likely to throw herself into his arms and beg him to make love to her.

She stared at him for a long time then gathered her courage around her. “Is this for real?”

His gaze softened, and he sat back as if realizing she needed the space.
“This must be difficult for you.”

She nodded. She swallowed back what she wanted to say then hesitated. Holding back her emotions wasn’t natural for her, as problematic as it may be. Something told her she could be honest with Jungkook.