Chapter Three 🌲🌳

And then it happened... 

Well, it was only a matter of time before it happened, but it did throw me off.

There was someone in the distance. Kinda far, but not so far that I couldn't tell that they were approaching us.

The person was not looking straight ahead, and had actually stopped to tie their shoe, but I knew we would cross paths pretty soon.

I stopped walking suddenly, choking Kinney to a halt too.

"So, um." I say, and I was just about to tell Kinney to stand, but then I got an idea.

There was a path, it was surrounded by forestry  and not our usual path, but it would likely be more secluded.

"Come here, boy!" I say, and Kinney seems thrown off, but does eventually come to walk with me in the forest.

Walking in the forest was fun. It was also pretty intimate and had nice scenery to look at.

"Woof! Woof! Woof!" Kinney says suddenly, and I look up at him.

"Yeah?" I say.

"Woof! Woof! Woof!" He says, and I don't understand.

"What are you..." I start to imagine what could be up, then I quickly see the culprit.

It looked like a squirrel at the base of a tree is what had caught his attention.

"Lol, 😂 is that because of the squirrel?" I ask, laughing at his unlikely response to it.

"Yes! Oh wait...no." He says, realizing he'd accidentally spoken.

Lmao, I don't know what was more adorable 🥰, the fact that we were in the forest and he was dressed like a puppy in public.

Or the fact that he'd gotten so lost in character that he was genuinely distracted and barking at a squirrel. 😠🐿

"You mean, woof?" I say, chuckling after he had clearly broke character, for a second.😂

"Woof! Woof!" Says Kinney, then he comes up to be closer to me, so I'd give him head pats and I do. ☺️

"Alright!" I say, and unhook his collar so that he can go after it.

He seems confused and turns around back to face me.

"Go get it." I say, plainly. 😋

It was kinda awkward for like four seconds, then Kinney stifles a laugh when he realizes I'm serious.

I laugh too, realizing what I'd just said. 🤣🤣

However, Kinney does go after the squirrel.

I'm amused when I see this, so I follow him and we end up in the middle of the forest, like way way off the path.

The squirrel then retreats to up a tree, and Kinney barks at it from the base of the tree.

"Woof! Woof! Woof!!" says Kinney, still barking at the squirrel.