Chapter 4 - Thank You

Jong Hoon went to school early since he felt he needed to. After being away for two days, he missed the school so much. Maybe it's because he doesn't have any responsibility except teaching.

While walking, someone bumped into him. "Chaesowamnida."

Sol apologized without even looking. She bowed and continue walking. It felt a little weird to Jong Hoon because Sol was never early.

Her hands are in her pockets and something felt really off. But being the man that he is, he didn't point it out and walked down to his office.

He fixes his things and decided to go to Professor Kim's office. "What did I miss?"

"Kapjagya!" Professor Kim was obviously startled. "Learn how to knock for Pete's sake."

"Well it's not like you're doing something here other than sitting down." He said as he looks around. Then his eyes landed on Professor Kim's bag. There was a sandwich inside. "You're this hungry early in the morning?"

"Wae?" Then Jong Hoon points the sandwich. "Ah. It's the sandwich I switched with you. I haven't eat it."

"It's been three days." Jong Hoon commented.

"I left my bag here and haven't been in my office 'til now."

Professor Kim waited for a response. She lifts her head and realized Jong Hoon wasn't there anymore. "Kre. What would I expect from him anyway? This is why he only have few friends!"

----

Sol passed by the library.

Should I ditch my class? She shrug off the thought. Her steps were slow as she checks the time.

"I still have an hour left. I'm hungry." She walked towards the cafeteria as the cashier smiled.

"Is it another peanut—" She cuts her off. The cashier knows very well how Sol likes the sandwich.

"I don't like that anymore. Please give me an egg sandwich and coffee please." She said as she puts the bill on the desk.

Jong Hoon was looking at Sol at a distance. He's sure of it though he still needs to confirm.

A little later, Kang Dan arrived. She pulled the seat out and sits in front of him.

"You said you don't eat with your students?" Dan asked.

"That's a rude way to greet." Jong Hoon pointed out. He looks at Sol which Dan noticed. He then faced Dan after noticing she catches on. "And I'm not here to eat with you. Judging from your attitude, my office will be a critical place to discuss something."

Dan just looked away. "What happened to the both of you?"

"I just did what's right." She said and looks away.

"And that is?"

"She should realize that she did wrong."

"And what wrong did she commit?"

"She gave you the sandwich—"

"The sandwich that I ate is not hers, it was Eun Suk's." He said as he stands up. "It's a bit disappointing for someone smart to act on her emotions."

Dan was dumbfounded.

"Why do you care for her so much?!" She yelled which attracted people.

Jong Hoon stopped walking. At a distance which she can hear, he spoke, "If you werw wronged, I will stand up for you too. That's only righteous."

He left after saying those words. Dan sat down to fix her thoughts. She's angry with herself.

----

Jong Hoon entered the classroom as he puts the book in the table, he began speaking.

Despite being away for two days, it felt like he wasn't gone at all. To the students, it's better to have him for straight days than to have him gone for two and when he comes back, it's deadlier.

He handed different cases for each person inside the room.

"Answer these in an hour. Start." The students were flustered. It was unannounced and they don't have any idea what could he have written there. "I spent the last two days making those, you either pass, or fail."

The last word pierced their heart. They began reading their respective cases. Knowing they can't ask anyone for help since they all have different scenarios, most of them just prayed for a miracle.

Jong Hoon sits down. He glanced at his students until his gaze went to Joon Hwi and to Sol.

Usually, she will be staring blankly at it or he can read the curses her mouth is uttering or mostly, she's slamming her head in the desk. However, today's different, she's writing eagerly.

Jong Hoon just shrugged off the thought.

"Five minutes." He announced. Slowly, students stand one by one.

"Pass your papers." As everyone already stood up, Sol was not standing.

She already finished writing, he knows.

Then Joon Hwi handed two papers. The other one is Sol's.

Jong Hoon stared at Joon Hwi as he puts the paper and goes back to his chair. He fixed all the answer sheets and looks at them. "I told you all to pass your papers. Someone just sat down and didn't pass their paper."

Sol sighed. She knows it's her.

"Stand up." Jong Hoon said. Sol stands up looking so sluggish. "Bring these to my office."

She didn't react and just followed him. She carried the papers as he followed him to his office.

As they both have entered the room, Jong Hoon picked up the papers.

Sol didn't react. She just bowed and turned her back on him. Upon holding the door knob, he spoke, "If you were really sorry, you should've apologized to me the moment we met."

He looked at her waiting for her response. He noticed how her hand shook at her side. He walked towards her and reached out for her wrist.

She turned to face him. He lifts her wrist as he put the sandwich on her palm.

"I didn't ate your sandwich. I wouldn't ate something given to me by my student." He lets go of her wrist and sits down on his office chair. "I gave it to Eun Suk. You can ask her if you have doubt."

"G-gyusonim."

For the first time, on that day, their eyes met.

Her eyes began to sparkle unlike earlier, it was gloomy. She has a tight grip on the sandwich making Jong Hoon smirk in secret. "Leave if you don't have anything to say."

She didn't left. For a moment, she stand still. She was smiling in relief. She cheerfully walk towards his table.

"Gyusonim, I was worried sick. I didn't sleep well." She said pouting. "I'm really glad you're well now. I'm so happy, I can hug you."

She said as she spread her arms wide. Jong Hoon stared at her like how his usual stares look. Sol giggled and hugged herself. "Of course. You'll kill me if I do that."

She walked towards the door and closed it. Jong Hoon unconsciously stared at it like he was waiting for something.

Then it opened and Sol peek in, "Gyusonim, I'll enjoy this."

She smiled sweetly as she waves her hand with the sandwich on it.

"Gomawo."

----