1

Kenma and (Y/n) are very close to each other since young as they play games together a lot . And Kuroo being their only friend always have to come to their house to chase them to sleep as they always stay up very late to play games secretly. Kenma and (Y/n) lives very near to each other. So (Y/n) will always fake sleep at night and sneaked out at night to Kenma's house and play games with him. And Kuroo always noticed the light when he goes for his morning jog. He would always come in to tell (Y/n) to go back to her house and make Kenma go to sleep before school. Their friendship with each other has always been like this and slowly Kenma started to have a crush on (Y/n) but dosen't want to admit it as he don't want to break their friendship that they have. They also play volleyball together a lot. (Y/n) is good at catching the ball and blocking the ball and sometimes she is also good at setting. That is because thanks to Kenma and Kuroo for teaching her and playing with her everytime, which is why she knows how to play volleyball.

And soon, high school started. And the 3 of them soon joined Nekoma. Kenma and (Y/n) are the same age so they are in the same grade, while Kuroo is one year older than both of them. Kenma and (Y/n) are both in the same class. One day, after school, Kenma knows what club he want to join. Of course it is the Volleyball Club. And he knows Kuroo would definitely want both (Y/n) and him to join the volleyball club. (Y/n) wanted to join the girls volleyball club but it is full so Kenma suggested her to join with them but as their Manager. And she agreed. 

"Welcome to the Volleyball Club, Kozume Kenma and (L/n) (Y/n)" The coach says and Kuroo comes to them to give them a big welcome to the club as well which causes Kenma and (Y/n) to smile.

The coach then explains to (Y/n) on what is her job as the manager. Of course being Manager, she would have to give them encouraging words if they are feeling down and also write down their weaknesses and strength so that they can improve. And also help them refill their water bottle during their match so that they have water to drink when they are on their break. And also help the coach if the coach needed her help.

And usually at the start of the year, they usually start off with a friendly match. So that they know each other better and they can support each other when the real match comes. Kenma was being selected as setter and some of them questioned it till Kuroo tell them to watch and see why he is suitable being a setter. And (Y/n) smirks when they asked since she knows Kenma will surprised everyone. Soon, you can hear the whistle, signalling that the match started.

Kenma was too lazy to move around much so he just stands at the side and moves when he need to set to someone. 

"OI, SET TO ME" Another first year called out to Kenma asking him to set to him, which is none other than Yamamoto. Kenma was pissed off because he wanted to set to Kuroo , but he didn't want to lose people trust on a first match so he set to Yamamoto instead. And also he noticed Kuroo was on the enemy team, so it is best if he hits it to his teammates.  Yamamoto then hit the ball and they got a point. And soon the match continues but with difficulties sometimes, but Kenma team managed to win the whole game with 2-1.  Kuroo felt sad but he was thankful that this isn't an actual match. 

"By the way, my name is Kenma not Oi" Kenma says to Yamamoto with a pissed off face and walks to Kuroo and (Y/n) whom are talking together.

"tch" Yamamoto says since he did not really like Kenma as he gives off lazy vibes and only moves around when he feel like he need to.

"Hey Kenma, how do you feel for your first practice match?" (Y/n) says and smiles which causes Kenma to blush a bit but not so obvious that people can see.

"it was okay i guess, but i was so used to setting for Kuroo, so it pissed me off that the guy just call me "oi" instead of calling my name" Kenma says pissed off.

"Well, i am your enemy in that match so you definitely can't set to me, and he is also a first year like you, so i don't think he also knows your name. If i am not wrong, his name is called Yamamoto" Kuroo says and looks at Yamamoto then looks at Kenma. 

"Whatever, hey (Y/n), want to play switch with me now?" Kenma says shyly looking at (Y/n).

"Sure, Kuroo do you wanna join us?" (Y/n) says smiling at Kenma and looks over at Kuroo.

"Nah, it's okay, you guys go ahead. I am a second year here after all, i need to train myself with my teammates" Kuroo says and waves to them and walks to Yaku who is actually drinking water.

"Hey Yaku, help me with my serve" Kuroo says and Yaku agreed and they play.

"So, (Y/n), wanna play now?" Kenma says looking a (Y/n) shyly as he takes out his switch from his bag. Since (Y/n) is used to Kenma shyness around her, she smiles and nods her head.

"What game should we play?" (Y/n) says as she takes out her switch from her bag as well.

"How about Minecraft? We can stop anytime playing that, since our break might end soon" Kenma suggested.

"Sure, let's play then" (Y/n) says as she open her minecraft.