Chapter 6

Hey

I'm skipping the bit where the underwear get stuffed in Ricky's mouth because it sounds like bullying. I'm skipping to the bit where Ricky just said a really insensitive comment to Ruby, so yeah.
And Emma, fine, I won't APOLOGIZE for writing about people. I'm only doing it because I think it's the right thing to do.

John POV

I was shocked at how rashly Ruby reacted to Ellie's concern. Ruby stormed out of the room, leaving us standing awkwardly. I still wanted to laugh from when Eleanor shoved the vinegar-soaked pair of knickers into Ricky's mouth, but I knew it would be just as insensitive as Ricky's actions.

As if out of instinct, we slowly poured out of the doors, silently, except for Ruby, who was wailing violently outside the elevators. I saw Lily steal a lift with Ellie, right before entering my own. It was heartbreaking to see Ruby crying so much. I haven't seen her cry in ages.

I haven't seen her cry at all.

Ruby was crying her heart out in our lift. I was so tempted to shout at her to shut up. To just have the satisfaction of silence. But I couldn't.

The elevator opened on the 19th floor, we stepped out into the hallway, just to catch Lily closing the door behind her. Eleanor and I walked to our room, swiped the card and entered.

It just occurred to me how much we trashed our room earlier. Our beds were stripped of their covers, the bedsheets and blankets on the floor and on the armchairs. The side table lamp dangled by its power cord, and the room phone was unplugged and missing for some strange reason.

We looked at each other, then laughed. Although it's not typical for Eleanor to be messy, even if we were trying to get the smell off the bed, but we continued laughing while starting a pillow fight.

This was what I loved about Eleanor. She was always the one with good grades, homework in on time, never in trouble. But she had a wild side. The one that always gets drunk during parties, the one that spends hours trying on clothes and never buying anything, the one that spills popcorn all over my lap during a funny movie. And of course, pillow fighting until the feathers start coming out.

We've stopped fighting, but are still laughing at the heaping mess we've made of ourselves.

We started tidying up, tucking the bedsheets in, uprighting the lamp and returning the blankets and pillows to their original positions. We pushed the feathers under the bed, hoping nobody, not even the cleaner, finds it.

We were still searching for the room phone though. We checked under the beds and in the bathroom. In the wardrobe and in our luggages (yes, we've found stuff there before). But a ring from the door bell catches my attention. Max stood outside, smiling, gesturing for me to come out. Alone.

"Hey Eleanor I'll be back in a sec okay?"

"Um no. You aren't going anywhere without me."

I looked at Max, who shrugged his shoulders.

"Sure, come along then."

Eleanor joined us, closing the door behind her.

"Do you have the room card key thingy?" I asked her.

"I thought you had it!"

"So that's a no."

"You're hopeless." Eleanor sighed, rolling her eyes.

"And you're both stupid." Max said.

"Nuh uh." I replied. "We can just get another one from the counter."

"Anyway, Lily told me to prank TimTam for being a jerk and a hypocrite and an a**hole so I got some heat activated superglue and a tool kit and some other stuff and he's about to be pranked."

"Good for you." I said.

"Great! Let's check it out!" Eleanor said. She always makes me do these things.

Max led us to his room, and silently slid the card and opened the door. TK, Ellie, Lily and Amy were already inside, waiting for the prank to happen.

TimTam was snoring on one of the beds. His face was painted blue, but didn't smell like paint. Max told us it was glue. Nasty.

The room door was held ajar so we could observe the unfolding of events.

TimTam woke up and went into the bathroom, so we all flooded into the room and waited for the screaming to start. Max unscrewed the lock in the door so TimTam couldn't lock it.

Then the swearing started.

We all gasped when a huge bump was heard from inside the bathroom, and I could hear him hopping around inside. We opened the door slightly only for it to be closed again by another bump. We sniggered but said nothing. Amy reached for door handle but Max said,

"Wait, here's the best bit."

I heard TimTam reach for the door handle and the moment he turned it, a hissing sound was made like gas escaping from a canister. TimTam gasped inside before slumping on the floor.

We opened the door, and the bathroom was a wreck. The shower curtains were torn down, the toilet seat covers were removed, and the 'C' from the 'COLD' on the tap was dented so badly, now it read 'HOT' and 'OLD'. TimTam lay in a heap in the bathtub. His face was covered in tissue paper that didn't appear to come off, so thank goodness he could breathe. His hands were covered in sticky green goo, which Max explained came from the sink. The toilet seat was stuck to his... Legs. Max showed us the canister cleverly placed at the side of the door, labelled SULPHUR and was opened. The stink smell still hung in the room, and we were lucky that we didn't pass out as well.

It was actually hard to tell if TimTam was still breathing or not. I kind of hoped he was, because it would have been a disaster if he wasn't.

Amy and TK dragged his limp body into the bedroom and onto one of the beds. We slowly peeled the toilet seat off his legs and put some pants on him. I thought I heard him wince a little when we removed the toilet seat, but I said nothing. We didn't bother to try and remove the toilet paper from his face or the green goo on his hands. He could do that when he wakes up.

We left the room and Ellie, Michael and Amy headed to Lily's room, picking up Hugh on the way.

Eleanor and I listened to our friends outside the door. Apparently Lily was screaming at Ricky, and now Hugh was trying to come up with a story to explain what he thought happened.

"Except for you making out with Ricky!" I thought I heard Hugh's voice from around the corridor. Lily made out with Ricky?

Eleanor and I returned to our room, but the we realized that we left the keys inside. I was about to start laughing but for some strange reason was cursing myself for being so stupid.

"But you're too short Hugh!" A voice said from around the hall. I sniggered.

I grabbed Eleanor's arm and brought her onto the hallway where the conversation was coming from. Most of my friends were right at the corner, overhearing everything.

"We may or may not have seen AND heard you making out with Ricky." I said, dragging Eleanor with me. It wasn't entirely true but Lily's reaction was priceless.

Lily shook her head and muttered something under her breath.

"Fine, but you better not tell anyone."

"Oh I promise." Yash appeared from the other side of the hallway.

"ALRIGHT WHO ELSE IS LISTENING?" Lily shouted.

The rest of the posse admitted their presence by coming out from the other side of the hall.

Lily told us to be downstairs in five minutes, no excuses. None of us argued.

We shuffled towards the lifts, but I saw Lily stay behind and look at Ricky one last time before closing the room door, before heading towards the elevators.