Snow Much Fun!

Hey there! It's been quite a while. In case you're wondering, I took a break from writing to study for an exam. The good news is that I passed and after computing the average score, the result was high enough for me to take level 4 of basic Japanese. I'm so excited to continue learning once classes start hopefully in January. While I'm waiting, I used my free time to write this chapter. Happy reading!

"Snow Much Fun!"

Four days have passed since I stumbled upon the theatre and met Balan. I have adjusted well to life in Wonderworld and felt a whole lot better after opening up to him about my feelings and vulnerabilities. Balan, Tori, and I enjoyed traveling to different worlds such as the forest, the valley, and a theme park. They were all enormous and beautiful; it made me want to explore more of what Wonderworld has to offer. We were lying down on the grass, looking at the sky and seeing different shapes of clouds.

"Where do you want to visit next, Peyton?", Balan asked.

"Hmm... I always wanted to go somewhere full of snow. Winter is my all-time favourite season", I replied.

"If that's what you choose, then let's go!", he said as he got up from the grass.

"Sweet!", I happily exclaimed as I got up as well.

"But before that, we need to wear a different set of clothes to keep us warm", Balan suggested.

"Oh, okay. No problem with that", I complied.

With a snap of the finger, our attire changed instantly. I wore a beige coat with a grey T-shirt underneath, a bright red scarf around my neck, white gloves, blue denim jeans, and black boots. Balan wore a red top hat, a red coat with white faux fur around the collar and cuffs, navy blue trousers, black gloves, and brown boots.

"You look great, dear!", Balan complimented me.

"Thanks! So do you!", I complimented him in return.

"Timu timu!", Tori chirped delightfully.

"I'm just as excited as you, Tori", I said whilst nuzzling them on the cheek.

Balan snapped his finger once again, teleporting the three of us from the Isle of Tims to the winter-themed world. Once we arrived, I was in awe as I looked at the trees that were covered in snow and decorated with yellow, red, and orange lighted ornaments. Moving my head up, I smiled as I saw snowflakes gently falling from the sky.

"Wow! This place looks beautiful", I blissfully said.

"I'm glad you think so", Balan responded.

"Oh no! I forgot something!", I alarmingly stated.

"What's wrong, dear?", he queried.

"My lips are going to get chapped from the cold weather", I panicked.

"Ah! Not to worry", he said as he snapped his finger, causing a lip balm to appear on my hands.

"Oh, thank you!", I expressed with relief as I immediately applied it to my lips.

"Are you ready to explore the wonders of winter?", he asked whilst laying his hand in front of me.

"Ready as I'll ever be", I answered as I placed my hand on his, letting him carry me bridal-style and put Tori on his back.

Balan started soaring as I held on to him with my arms around his neck. Looking from above, I gasped in astonishment to see mountains, hills, and rooves of houses that were also covered in snow. Additionally, there were large candle-shaped lamps that illuminate the area and big golden bells with ribbon bows on top.