Prologue

Author's Note: This book is a work of pure imagination and personal experiences of the author. If you find names, places, characters, businesses, events, and locales familiar, it is automatically labeled a coincidence. Furthermore, this story is not affiliated with any real locations such as universities, clubs, and restaurants.

For young readers out there, please be advised that this book contains foul words, sensitive scenes, and mature content that are not suitable for ages 16 and below.

-----------------------------------

I stood back as I sipped in my cup of tea while my interns were reading some of my past cases as a review for their midterm exams tomorrow. I slightly smiled as I reminisced how I used to be like them back then. I listened to my interns as they all argued with each other before reading the concluding outcome of my case defending the St. Luke High Street Hospital. All they knew was that it was a successful one.

"I bet my bente to Mich, kasi she's more logical. Unlike kay Alexa. I don't even know why you're here. Hindi mo deserve maging intern dito." Bel sarcastically said and chuckled.

"Ah, talaga? Wala ka lang maisip na argument kaya puro ka pusta." Alexa rebutted. Bel's jaw dropped and was speechless until we heard loud footsteps when Jolo showed up, sweating.

"Oh, kaya mo pa?" Mich asked. Jolo didn't even look at Mich and straight up went to my desk.

I turned to my secretary, Jolo, before he could even speak. He looked like he ran to my office because he was sweating so much. May hawak pa nga siyang box ng JCo e.

"Huy, Danica! Nasa baba 'yung Dee Industries. Pakiramdam ko, babalikan ka na ng ex mo. Hehe, joke lang!" My left eyebrow raised out of confusion. Aside from his joke, why would his enterprise go to my firm with an unscheduled appointment? I hurriedly walked out of the office. The interns looked confused, pero nagmadali rin silang ayusin 'yung mga papel na nire-review nila kanina. Sumunod din si Jolo sa likod ko at dali-dali kaming bumaba gamit and elevator to see the unpleasant visitors.

"You don't understand. We already emailed Ms. Buenaventura for an appointment last Wednesday and her assistant secretary already confirmed." A slim woman wearing a navy blue skirt and blazer with a button-down white polo and black stilettos said. I'm guessing this is their secretary, "Look, her assistant secretary, Jaira Cordero, replied that our email was agreed upon already." She added and showed her phone's screen. 

"Oh," Jolo said softly. "Jaira might have told me some other time, hehe pasensya ka na ha? Ito lang kasi ako, huhu. Sino ba naman ako?" He said while pouting and putting his two index fingers against each other. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"No problem, Candy. They did book an appointment. My secretary forgot to update the schedule." I said loudly while confidently walking towards them. I even looked at Jolo because I as still annoyed.

"Oh, okay po, Ms. Buenaventura." Candy said softly. "Pirma na lang ho kayo dito sa logbook." She said to the secretary.

"Good afternoon, everyone." I greeted, while intensely avoiding eye contact with him. "Shall I take you to my office?" I smiled.