Elena's childhood

Elena's childhood was a little in between good and bad. Her parents loved her so much and played with her. But one day, she made friends with a girl named Courtney and when Courtney was being bullied by a boy, Elena suddenly used some sort of power on the boy. The boy ended up getting severely burned, but he was still alive. His mother was horrified and called Elena a "monster", but Emilie argued with the mom. Emilie and Elena chose not to talk about this to Gabriel because he would grow suspicious on Elena. Emilie and Elena secretly went to a professional to check on Elena and the professional told Emilie that Elena is born with demonic powers. Emilie was shocked, but she choose to still love Elena. When Emilie died giving birth to Adrian, Gabriel changed. He started drinking alcohol while being abusive and used his anger on Natalie more. Elena was a toddler as she kept her baby brother away from their father. One day, Gabriel used a shard of a broken beer bottle and cuts Elena's right eye. He snapped out of his drunk behavior and realized the mistake he did, but when he tried to apologize, Elena ran to her room in tears. Gabriel was devastated to hitting her own daughter, but as time goes by, he started to forget about that and neglects Elena.

This is the picture during college year when Courtney and Elena reunited and Elena was mothering Adrian for help with his homework