Prologue

Friday, November 17, 1922

WOMAN FOUND MUTILATED IN SOUTHERN MAINE

A body was found Thursday morning by wandering hikers exploring the town of Ravencliff, Maine. The body was heavily mutilated, "almost like a wild animal had done it," detective John Herring reports. "However, this was done by no animal. The attack is unmistakably a human's doing." Reports say the body has been identified as Helen Marino, a literature teacher of Ravencliff's famous school, Ravencliff Academy. This marks the 4th tragic death of people belonging to the academy, teacher or student. Authorities have stated that they are searching for Helen's wedding ring, and any person who turns it in will be rewarded. The ring contains an extravagant square diamond in the center. There are no active suspects at this time. Information can be reported to Ravencliff Police Department.

--------

May 14, 1895. Student found dead in dormitory, reportedly dead for days.

January 4, 1963. Ravencliff Vice Principal stabbed 23 times.

October 9, 2003. Male student shot in the head, body found miles from school.

The legacy of Ravencliff academy starts centuries ago. August 1838, Charles John Ravencliff founded the town of Ravencliff, Maine, and opened Ravencliff Academy's sturdy walnut doors to wealthy students whose parents only wanted the top education for their children. And this was provided, with quality living spaces and experienced professors, the Academy surged in fame for being a top school for teenage students. In fact, many people sent their troublesome set of children there in hopes to be reformed by the end of their years.

Then the deaths started to occur.

Ravencliff was already on it's fourth headmaster, a continuing bloodline of Ravencliffs, when the first murder was commited. Though it wasn't declared a murder, just a mere suicide considering no suspects could be recognized. 1895 is when it started. 1903 is when it continued. 1922. 1940. 1963. And it was all ignored. A newspaper article would surface and then disappear. People forgot about their late friends and family and superiors. Life went on, the way the victims couldn't.

And with the way the timeline aligns, it's just about time for a new unfortunate victim.