-86-

It was now early January and Asteria had to go back to Hogwarts for the final time. She walked through the bustling platform with the Potter family, her fingers interlocked with James' as they walked.

They then stopped by the train which hissed loudly. "Okay, this is the final time. We will see you at summer." Euphemia smiled before hugging each one of them tightly. "Now hurry. You don't want to be late."

The group of students waved goodbye before hurrying onto the train to find Remus already sitting in a compartment with Peter. "Have a good Christmas Pete?" Asteria asked as she sat down beside him. "It was great! I got 11 new plants!"

-☘︎︎-

Asteria sat bored in the silent hall during sorting ceremony with the only noise being Mcgonagall calling out the names of 1st year students and the odd cough.

The Hufflepuff and Gryffindor table were separated by the Ravenclaw but that didn't stop James and Asteria staring at each other. Occasionally she would smirk at him before having to cover her mouth when Mcgonagall glared at them through her silver glasses.

-☘︎︎-

Once the ceremony ended and the prefects led the houses back to their common rooms, Asteria went straight to her dormitory. She loved sharing a bed with James, it made her feel safe and warm, but sometimes she just wanted to spread herself out across the whole bed.

She ended going to bed as soon as she got in, as it was quite late already. But as she lay their in the cool, dark room, her mind began to wander.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria found herself back in her bedroom at the Parkinson Manor. She quickly glanced around the room, noticing herself in the mirror above her dresser but she heard a voice which made her wander out to the landing.

Standing at the bottom of the stairs stood her mother, her hand held out for her daughter to take. "Mum?" Asteria called out which made her nod and smile warmly.

Asteria hurried down the steps to wrapped her hands around her mum but when she got closer, the room went dark and a green light lit up her mother's face.

Suddenly, she gripped onto Asteria's collar tightly so that she was gasping for air. Her chestnut hair began messy, her face was dirty and her skin looked as if it was rotting away. Her usual warm eyes stared coldly at her as her jaw hung open slightly.

"You killed me!" She shouted in a raspy voice but one that cut through Asteria like a knife. She screamed so closely in her face that Asteria cringed at her disgusting breath. "You're own mother! You killed me!" She screamed.

"I didn't mean to!" Asteria cried, tears flowing from her dark eyes and off her jaw. "Please! I didn't mean to!" She sobbed heavy and heavy. "You should know how it feels!" She then screeched as she pulled out a wand and pointed at her daughter.

"Avada Kadavra!" She shouted which flooded Asteria's eyes with a bright green light as she let out a scream which would haunt anyone who heard it.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria took in a gasp of air as she jumped up before letting out a sigh of relief when she realised she was in her warm bed. Her heart was racing, her cheeks were burning up and tears had soaked her shirt.

She then put her face into her hands and began to sob loudly, hoping nobody else could hear her sobs. After a few minutes, she began to catch her breath back so she pulled out her wand and whispered "Lumos," in a shaky voice.

She then held up her wand up to her clock to see that it was early in the morning. "Knox." She whispered as the light disappeared and her dorm fell back into darkness.

Asteria quickly wiped the hot tears from her eyes before lying down her head, her head resting in the crater it had formed in her pillow. And although she closed her tightly and attempt to drift off to sleep, she failed to do so.

She lay there for a bit longer, cursing herself under her breath when she did not fall back asleep. That was when she decided that a cup of milk may help her mind go elsewhere so she couldn't be able to sleep again.

Asteria pushed her cover off of her -instantly shivering as the dorm was located in the freezing basement of the castle- and pulled a knitted jumper over her before adjusting her socks which she had fallen asleep in and left her common room.

The castle was eerily silent but Asteria half expected herself to have a heart attack if she ran into Filch. Luckily, she did not and was able to make it to the kitchen, which was only at the end of the hallway.

She slipped in through the wooden door and grabbed herself a mug used at lunch and filled it up with the pint of milk on the side.

It was cold still and cured her dry throat from crying. Once quite satisfied, she wiped her mouth, cleaned the cup and left the kitchen.

But before heading back to her dormitory, she noticed James walk pass, quidditch equipment in his arms. She did not want to boy to see her in return as her eyes were still blotchy and red.

But to her dismay, he did. "Asteria!" He called out. His hair was still messy as he had just woken up. And although the bags under his eyes suggested he was exhausted, he wore a wide grin on his face.

But he soon paused and his grin fell when he noticed the girl's red eyes. "What is wrong?" He asked as he hurried over to her faster, putting the quidditch equipment on the ground and placing both hands on each of her arms.

"A-a.." She stuttered as she felt herself tearing up again. "A nightmare. That's all." She reassured his as she wiped her eyes, hoping that he did not see the tears swelling up in them.

"What are you doing up this early?" She asked quickly, changing the subject. "Training." He replied as he bent down to pick up his broom. "Would you care to join me?" He asked her. "I would enjoy some company." James added with a smirk.

"How could I say no to that?" She asked with a slight chuckle before linking arms with him and walking down to the pitch, some of his equipment in her free hand to help him.

The sun was beginning to rise when they reached the pitch. Asteria went up the stairs to the stands, which was a challenge as she wasn't use to being awake so early.

She then stayed in the stands, watching James as he flew about. Asteria would laugh at him whenever he missed the hoops and cheer whenever he perfectly got a goal.

He smiled as the sun began to creep over the mountains, shining it's bright light in his hazel eyes. "We should probably go back. Wouldnt want to miss class." James sang. "I wouldn't mind missing potions." Asteria I replied which made him shake his head and chuckle and he lowered back down to the grass below.