What Remains

He was bit.

He was bit.

He was bit.

Lee looked down at his arm. A walker had jumped from behind some garbage and bit him.

"Hey Lee? What's going on?" Kenny called as he was walking over. "Holy shit..." The fisherman gasped out, seeing Lee's arm.

"We don't have time to worry about me. Clementine's missing." Lee said, turning to face the others.

Christa and Omid looked at eachother in shock. And Kenny just stared at Lee's wrist. "I think Vernon took her. He cane to me last night, offering to take her off my hands."

"That son of a bitch" Kenny exclaimed angerly. "We have to go find them." Lee said determinedly, well, as determined as someone who's now got a death clock.

"You're my best friend Lee, you've helped me when times were rough for me, i'd ought to return the favour." Kenny offered.

"We’re coming as well, with your bite, if one of us somehow get separated Clementine will still have someone to watch her." The soon-to-be mother declared.

"Alright then, let's head out then." Lee said, walking to the manhole Vernon brought him out of when he escaped the sewers.

*

They weren't there. The entire mourge was empty. "Fuck!" Kenny shouted. A fleet of walkers started banging against the door, so that option was out.

"Lee?" Clementine's voice called through the radio. She sounded scared.

"Clementine! Are you alright? Where are you? Vernon, you son of a bitch." The teacher shouted in dispair

"It's not Vernon you're looking for... it's me." A voice crackled over the radio. "Who the fuck are you, where's Clementine!" Lee shouted through it.

"Clementine's fine. But if I were you, I'd choose my next words VERY carefully." The voice said.

"There's a hoard of walkers between you and us right now. And if i can thank god for anything right now it's that." The man said. And then, the radio stopped talking.

The walkers started pounding harder on the door. "Lee, we don't have much time!" Christa called out.

"And we're about to have a lot less. Lee, even with that bite you're still the smartest motherfucker I know. Can ya try to figure something out?" Kenny called.

"If only this door was open..." Lee pondered to himself, staring at the elevator. He looked through the draws until he found a pair of rib spreaders. "I do not want to imagine these being used on a person..." he said grimly.

He wedged them in-between the elevator doors, and started cranking, the heavy doors being opened. "Okay, everybody get through!"

They all ran into the elevator shaft and started climing, just as the walkers broke down the door. They were safe now luckily.

They got to the roof of the hospital. There they saw a hoard of walkers.

"How are we gonna get through that?" Omid asked. "We could try ringing the bells like molly does?" Lee suggested.

*

It worked. They had gotten from the roof and back to the mansion, which was the positive. The negative was that Vernon had stole their boat and they now had a hoard of walkers underneath them.