- 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 -

𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬~

Oliver jumped on my chest leaving me winded and tired. I pulled my sister's baby son off my chest and into a sitting position. Rubbing my eyes and sitting up myself I swung my legs off the side of my bed keeping a firm arm around Oliver. Standing up and walking into the hallway I was greeted by my mother. 

"Oh, hails good you're up I was just coming to wake you." she yawned, "Jesus, will that child ever not escape from his cot." she eyed Oliver reaching out to pick him up. I handed the baby over, making my way down stairs and into the kitchen. Pouring myself a bowl of cereal, heading to the island table.
My mother came down stairs with an excitable Oliver in her arms, sat him down in his highchair, grabbed a small pot of applesauce, sat down in front of the child and began feeding him. After a few minutes of silence my older brother shuffled down the stairs. "Morning" he mumbled walking past and into the kitchen.

Time passed relatively fast, so I took a shower and read my new favourite muggle novel. I quickly glanced at the clock on my wall taking a second look not believing myself the first time. It read 17:30pm. Shocked that time had passed so quickly, I put my book down and began to pack a bag ready for the Quidditch world cup.

The World Cup was the best thing that could've possibly happened to me this year.

After the rivalry with Weasley, escalating rapidly. Peter Petigrew and Sirius Black on the loose. And then Professor Lupin left. I was really not enjoying the year up until now.

"Hailey!" my mum yelled up the stairs "dinners ready".

"Coming, give me a sec" I responded, stuffing the last piece of clothing in my rucksack; speed walking to the kitchen suddenly feeling very hungry.

I spent the rest of the evening in my room preparing and getting ready for tomorrow. Before I knew it my head hit the pillow and I was out like a light. I had spent the day lounging around so it was a surprise to me I fell asleep so quicky.

The next morning came faster than I would've liked it to. Turning over to read my wall clock momentarily, wiping my eyes of sleep and shuffling into my ensuite. After a short hot shower, I went down to the kitchen, too nervous to eat, I dashed up stairs grabbed by bags and ran downstairs again. I called for Lyra. 

Lyra. My owl, I got gifted her for my 12th birthday, I never knew who gave it to me. She was sent anonymously. She was a beautiful, white and brown barney owl. Her wings span up to exactly 84cm. A few seconds later I heard the flapping of her wing, she came swooping down and landing in front of me, hooting softly.

I sat on the sofa, for what felt like hours, tapping my foot on the floor. Waiting impatiently for mum to wake up, I eyed the clock not sure if it was working. After a few more minutes of waiting, I heard a knock at the door. Jumping slightly, I walked over to the door wiping my now clammy hands on my jeans.

I opened the door to a very smiley Hermione, without waiting another second, I flung my body on the girl, wrapping my arms around her neck. She chuckled, returning the hug. I welcomed Hermione and her parents into the living room, realising that my mum still hadn't woken up, I excused myself to wake her up.

After waking her up and made the Granger family cups of tea, we headed out to the car. I helped Mr Granger load my bags into the trunk of his car, and I said my goodbyes to my family.

"Bye, mum" I said , wrapping my mum in a hug.

"Goodbye, sweetheart".

"Bye bye Oliver" I cooed rubbing my nose against Olivers, he giggled, grabbing my face, i kissed him on the cheek, jogging inside to Jack. skidding to halt in front of him.