the letter.

dearest chaton.

if you're reading this, chances are we probably lost the battle against hawkmoth. probably sucks, right? just writing this to tell you how much you mean to me.

ever since day one, i knew that there was something special between us. the way you'd make me laugh, the puns, the flirting.
i always loved it really.

i always used to push you away, and for that, i feel like such a fool. even if you didn't particularly feel paw-esome (see what i did there) yourself, you would (and still) make the effort to cheer up the people around you.

I'll never forget when we fought dark cupid on valentines day. that kiss... it was my first, i know. even though you don't remember. the ironic thing was, the only way to free someone from dark cupids' hypnosis was a true loves kiss.
god, i was so blind.

you see, the thing is, i never really had the confidence that you did. it was probably my greatest weakness honestly... that boost of self-esteem that you gave me when i doubted my skills (well lack of skills) during our battle with stoneheart.

i always knew that you were special, all the little moments we had could paint a thousand pictures.

i remember when we went to new york. i got so angry at you for being there, at the end of the day, i left you with the safety of paris in your hands.

but now, i know why you were in new york, and jesus christ do i feel stupid.

listen, it was an accident okay. i saw you detransform in school. im sorry.

i suppose it's abit late for apologies...

if you're reading this, chances are you know who i am. honestly, when i found out who you were, my heart skipped nine beats. i knew that you were out of my league.

i mean, "adrien agreste / model / paris teen idol / also happens to be superhero hearthrob chat noir." compared to "marinette / bakers' daughter / constantly trips over her own two feet." is quite a strech.

to be straight with you adrien, i've been in love with you since the umbrella. the first time i saw you, i misjudged you. i thought you were... well, a bit of a dick. but then, i got to know you. I saw who you really were deep down- someone sweet, sincere, and generous. since then, there's something I've been wanting to tell you. but every time i try, it's like my brain suddenly freezes. i struggle to get my words out, and i become a blabbering mess.

it's wierd, really. we've been friends for so long. it's odd to think that it was me who saved you from gorizilla. it was me who jumped into the mouth of a dinosaur to save our asses.
it was me who fought by your side all these years.

you know that song? the one we danced to at chloe's party, and on the rooftop in new york? that song is significantly important to me, infact, luka helped me learn how to play it on the guitar! i always wanted to play for you, but i just couldn't muster up the confidence.

that's what i hate the most about myself, i have no confidence, especially around you. it's so strange, im so calm and collected around my friends. but when im around you, i melt into a cufufille. i become a nervous wreck and struggle to form a sentence. that's how much i love you adrien agreste, even if it may be a wierd way of admitting it.

one the subject of music, i heard you singing once. i believe i heard something about you being alone... without me.

if you are reading this, i just want you to know that you're never alone.
i will always be there for you.

dearest chaton. when you sit beyond the eiffel tower, gazing at the stars, i want you to think of me and our missions together. think of how much i cared for you, although i didn't show it as much as i hoped too. think about all the lives we've saved together, me and you.

my final wish, is that you never forget me. make sure everyone we know carries our legacy in their minds. make sure lila rossi is dealt with, you know how much i hate that girl. make sure alya knows how much i loved her.

finally, i want you to stand up to your father. it's not fair how you're treated, my love. he will listen, everyone has a heart. even chloe bourgeois. some people just need the right amount of comfort and support.

i just want to hug you, i want to whisper in your ear those words of support, everything will be okay.

truthfully, it is a shame that our journey together has come to an end. i  was always told that true love lasts forever. but this experience has called bullshit on that. true love comes to an abominable demise eventually, and ofcourse there will be hardships, twists and turns. but pushing through those struggles and proving our worth is what has made our relationship so powerful.

if you're reading this, i am grateful for you, and for us. and all of our wacky adventures together.

if you're reading this, i love you.

~ sincerely, your lady. marinette ♡

p.s: pound it!... :)